Electric modes of transportation have become increasingly popular, and rightfully so as they are the future. In this day and age, more and more people are becoming increasingly aware of sustainability and the environmental impact of carbon emissions on climate change. More people are taking the necessary steps to reduce their carbon footprint, and changing the way they commute is one of the biggest steps an individual can take. The 3 wheel electric scooters are just what the world needs at this point. Not only are these scooters easy and fun to ride, but they have the capability to become a primary mode of transport for a lot of people. Technology has also evolved in a way that makes these scooters all the more reliable and easy to use while staying true to their virtue of being zero-emissions and eco-friendly. We have also reviewed best 3 wheel scooter for kids.
See Also :
- Top 8 Electric Scooter For Adults in 2020 Reviewed !
- Best Electric Scooters With Seat For Kids And Adults
- The 8 Best Off-Road Electric Scooters for Kids and Adults in 2020
What makes this product even better is the fact that it is also disability friendly. People who have a problem with getting about and mobilizing, they can easily become self-reliant by using this scooter. It also gives them a sense of freedom and dignity, which are basic human rights. These 3 wheel electric scooters are also safe for children, but this particular article will focus on three-wheeled electric scooters for adults.
Top 3 Products Comparison table !
The 10 Best Three-Wheeled Electric Scooters For Adults Reviewed !
1. E-Wheels – EW 19 Sporty
We love how vintage yet stylish and sporty this scooter looks! Following in the footsteps of the classic scooter Vespa, the EW 19 Sporty 3 wheel scooter is fun to ride and also quite useful and powerful. With a driven mileage of 5 miles per hour and a smooth-riding experience, this scooter is easy to ride for long distances and also the rider stays comfortable while sitting on the seat for long periods of time.
- It has a mileage of 15 miles per hour
- It can go on for 21 miles after being charged fully
- The seat can be removed
- It has a foldable tiller as well
- Can handle a maximum weight of 300 pounds
- Has a big LED headlight
- It has shock absorbers and reflectors
- It has 3 different speed settings
2. MotoTec Electric Trike
This personal transporter has a motor power of 500 watts and offers a speed of 15 miles per hour. The speed can also go up to 20 miles per hour and this depends on the weight of the rider and also the terrain. We particularly love the large size of the rear wheels of the scooter, the foldable handlebars, the powerful front LED headlight.
This scooter comes equipped with a powerful 500-watt brushless front hub motor and can last up to over 300 charges. This scooter takes about 4 to 8 hours to charge completely and can run for 20 to 25 miles on a single charge.
- Top speed of 20 miles per hour
- Incredible range of 20-25 miles
- It has a twist throttle drive system
- It can carry 240 pounds of weight
- It comes with a carrying basket and mudguards
- It has a powerful headlight
3. E-Wheels – EW-11 Sport Euro Type Scooter
This is one electric scooter that looks almost as identical to a regular European scooter, but minus the environmental impact. The EW-11 Sport Euro Type Scooter comes with a huge storage basket in front of the scooter which can be used to store your bags, groceries and any other items you might need or may pick up along the way.
One this that sets it apart from the other 3 wheel electric scooters is that you have the option of adding another passenger to your scooter, thanks to the wider and longer seat. The only thing you need to make sure is that the combined weight of the people sitting on this scooter does not cross 400 pounds.
- Top speed of 18 miles per hour
- Range of 40 miles
- The scooter comes fully assembled
- It has a great shock absorbing system
- Rearview mirrors and headlight for safety
4. Swagtron Cali Drift Three-Wheeled electric scooter
One of the sleeker electric scooters out there, the Swagtron Cali Drift three-wheeled electric scooter packs a powerful punch. Swagtron is known for creating some of the most fashionable and stylish electric scooters, and this model is no different. It has a ‘250-watt rear electric motor’ which may seem lesser compared to the other motors, but it is important to remember that the mileage it offers is at par with the other electric scooters. This scooter is ideal for recreational use and shirt-distance traveling.
- It has a mileage of 15.5 miles per hour
- It has a range of 9.4 miles
- Made to easily handle an 8-degree incline
- Highly foldable and portable design
- It has a handlebar brake and also a manual rear brake
5. Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter
This scooter is the ideal mode of transport for those who have difficulties in getting about on their own. Made for indoor and outdoor usage, this mobility scooter gives those who can’t get about by themselves a sense of freedom and pride and lets them be independent as well.
It has adequate storage, so it can also be used to get around the block and do some basic chores in and around the house. This is a lightweight scooter that can be easily put together. It only has 5 parts and voila, you have your own travel mobility scooter all set up.
- Made for people who are unable to mobilize themselves by themselves
- It has a top speed of 4 miles per hour
- It has a range of 8 miles per single charge
- It has an auto latching locking mechanism
- Comfortable and cushy seat and easy to maneuver
6. Drive Medical Bobcat X3 Compact Transportable Power Mobility Scooter
This mobility scooter is the king of comfort and utility. It is lightweight yet very stable and sturdy. Made for those who are unable to get by and move around the house on their own, this scooter gives them a sense of freedom and pride while they depend on no one but themselves. It has a short-range and low speed, but it more than enough for the purpose it was created for. You can easily control this three-wheeled scooter and also adjust the armrests, the height of the seat and the backrest as well.
- Top speed of 4 miles per hour
- Range of 7.5 miles
- Can easily handle 265 pounds of weight
- Comes with electromagnetic brakes
- Has anti-tip wheels for added safety measures
- All aspects of this scooter can be adjusted according to the needs of the user
7. Pride Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter
This electric scooter is one of the most affordable ones out there. Given its price, you get everything you could want from an electric scooter and more! Lightweight and easy to manoeuver, this electric scooter is what a person who is unable to mobilize themselves needs.
The Travel Pro Premium 3 wheel electric scooter. The scooter in itself weighs 92 pounds, which gives it a stable center of gravity. It can easily be separated into 5 parts which can be stored when not in use.
- It has a top speed of 4 miles per hour
- It has a range of 6.3 miles
- It can climb inclines of 8 degrees easily
- Armrests can be flipped back
- It has a carrier basket
8. E-Wheels EW-36 Three-Wheel Electric Senior Mobility Scooter
In terms of looking like a regular scooter, the EW-36 3 wheel scooter looks the most like a conventional European scooter. It is also known for being one of the fastest mobility scooters for adults out there. They can reach speeds of 18 miles per hour! We love the ‘anti-theft alarm’ this scooter comes equipped with, and the attention to detail with this model is commendable.
- It has a top speed of 18 miles per hour
- It has a range of 45 miles
- It has a 500-watt brushless electric motor and a 48V battery
- It has a powerful front and rear braking system
- 16-inch rear tires with in-built shock absorbers
9. InMotion T3 Scooterboard
As the name suggests, this model is a hybrid of a hoverboard and a scooter. The T3 Scooterboard is lightweight, easy to maneuver and smooth. The three wheels on this scooterboard make it very stable and easy to ride while maintaining the cool and stylish look of the scooter. It is fun to ride, saves the cost of fuel and is fast and zippy. We love the foldability of this scooter and the fact that it can be stored and carried easily when not in use.
- It has a range of 7.5 to 10 miles
- It has a top speed of 15.5 miles per hour
- It only requires 2.5 hours to charge fully
- It can climb 8-degree inclinations easily
- It has a regenerative braking system
10. Razor Trikke E2 Electric Scooter
This electric scooter has a very unique design which is also designed in a way to enhance performance. This is the new and improved way to commute from one place to another. Not only is it extremely fun to use, but it is also an eco-friendly option people can opt for and reduce their carbon footprint.
While all the other scooters on this list are meant for adults, this is one scooter that is meant for teens and young adults. The speed and range of this scooter is lower, but that’s because it is also meant for a younger audience, hence the low speed is a good cautionary method.
- Has a top speed of 9 miles per hour
- It can run for 40 minutes when fully charged
- It has easy-to-learn steering which is intuitive
- There is a lot of grip on the deck
- The chin-driven motor has great torque
- High-quality urethane wheels
Things to consider before buying a three-wheeled electric scooter – A Buyer’s Guide!
If you care for the environment but also like putting in minimum effort when going from one place to another, then you must most definitely consider getting yourself an electric scooter. These days 3 wheel electric scooters are becoming increasingly popular. This is because it adds a level of extra stability, making it easier to ride as compared to its two-wheeled counterpart.
Before you go ahead and take the plunge for buying an electric scooter, you need to look at certain aspects of each three-wheeled electric scooter you are considering buying –
The quality of the ride can be determined by three main factors. Those factors are the size of the wheels, type of the wheels, and the suspension system.
- Wheel size – We would advise you to get an electric scooter with larger wheel size. Wheels with 8 inches diameter and up are most preferable. A bigger wheel means a smoother ride.
Type of wheel – Air-filled tires are much better than solid tires in our professional opinion
Suspension system – this absorbs any bumps and shocks when you ride your scooter on uneven terrain.
The speed also depends on what the usage of the electric scooter will be. If you are looking for a scooter for indoor mobility purposes, then even a 4-6 miles per hour speed would work just fine. If long-distance traveling is what you are looking at, then 1-15 miles her hour is what is desirable. The speed of the scooter also depends on the weight of the rider, the slope of the terrain and so on.
Electric scooters usually have three main types of braking systems- electric brakes, disc and drum brakes, and manual foot brakes. These three systems are well known and highly effective in three-wheeled electric scooters.
The range determines how much distance an electric scooter can cover once it has been charged completely. Again, you must pick a scooter with a range that best suits your needs. If you want a scooter for only short-distance traveling, then a short-range will work just fine. If long-distance traveling is more of your need, then look out for a scooter with a greater range.
I’m Brian who is the brain behind Future sport.
I have been a big enthusiast of outdoor sports and riding activities like biking, scooting, skateboarding, go-karting and many more and have been doing this for almost 10 years. I have owned a number of bikes and other sports gears over the years matching different trials I hit regularly.
When I started to get a lot of questions from friends and family about riding vehicles and gears, I decided I can help a big group through a blog something like Future sports. And as I discussed the idea with my friends who had similar interest few of them weighed in and that is how Future Sports became a reality.