ATVs are a trendsetter among adventure ride lovers out there. This piece of machinery with its look and capability became something favourite among both young and old riders lately. The ATV riding was only available at trial places at a time where people used to rent them. But today more and more people are having their own private ATV and they are hitting trials on their own. Many are even going for long off-roading trials with new and improved ATVs available in the market today.
As an individual ATV rider who rides on their own, it is important to make sure they never get lost. However, it is easy with the latest technology and gadgets available for you. The GPS tracker, for instance, is a lifesaver for all ATV riders who are hitting unknown off-road tracks. There are plenty of options available in these gadgets and we are presenting here a list of 10 best ATV GPS trackers available in the market now.
See Also :
Our 2020 Top Picks: Best ATV GPS Trackers
1. Garmin GPSMAP 64SC
We have selected the Garmin GPSMAP 64SC to be first in this list of ATV GPS trackers for a reason. This gadget has a lot of features added to this making it the best option to get for your ATV trials. From the design to the specification, this GPS device tops other available devices in the market. This tracker is preferred by most off-roading riders including ATV.
- The one main thing which makes this stand out among other GPS trackers is its handheld design. This GPS tracker works just like your mobile phone and doesn’t want to mount it to your ATV. However, if you wish to mount you can buy an extra mount.
- The tracker gets a good quality ‘8 MP shooter’ that can take sharp photos and also geotag it with proper coordinates.
- Another amazing feature is the availability of Bluetooth which lets you connect the device with your smartphone easily.
- The screen size in this device is 2.6-inch which performs well even on a bright day.
2. Garmin eTrex 20x
The best budget GPS tracker for ATV in our list is the Garmin eTrex 20x. This device is an upgraded version to the old eTrex 10 and adds up a lot of specifications which was missing in its predecessor. With an affordable price tag and specifications way above the price tag, this is an ATV trail GPS tracker which offers great value for money.
- The device gets a screen with a resolution of 240 x 320 which ensures better readability. The ‘64K display’ also ensures better colour and brightness making it easier for the user in a sunny day trail.
- The internal memory added to the eTrex 20x is 3.7 GB which is boosted by a microSD card support, making it easy for the user to save more maps.
- The presence of WAAS-enabled GPS receiver, HotFix satellite prediction and GLONASS support make the GPS readings in the device more accurate.
3. Garmin eTrex 30x
The Garmin eTrex 30x is an upgraded version of the previous eTrex 20x and gets some additional features than the prior. The display and internal memory options available are similar to that of the 20x version. However the addition of wireless connectivity support and other sensors makes it a better buy.
- The 64K display provided in the eTrex 30x is powerful and can make the device a good outdoor companion for your ATV trials.
- The devices get a good internal memory and also allows you to extend the memory by means of a microSD card.
- The GPS tracker gets a 3 axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and a barometric altimeter which can precisely pinpoint the altitude of the user.
- Accurate and precise positioning is made possible with the WAAS-enabled GPS receiver, HotFix satellite prediction and GLONASS support.
- The navigator also gets wireless connectivity support which makes it easy to share location and waypoints with other supported devices.
4. Garmin GPSMAP 60CS
Garmin is a brand known for their hand-held GPS trackers that are reliable and handy at the same time, the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS is a valuable addition to their hall of fame. The device gets some good features making it a perfect device to use with your ATV. The specifications added to this navigator makes it one of the best GPS for ATV ride available today.
- The most important part of the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS is its high battery life. It is promised to provide a total running time of 20 hours.
- Another important aspect is the water-resistant feature of this navigator. This makes this a good choice for those who never miss a trail because of bad weather.
- The screen although small in size is bright enough and let you read the contents without any difficulty even on a sunny day.
- An added feature in this GPS tracker is the automatic route calculation feature.
- The internal memory provided is not the best feature of the device and is only 56 MB in size.
- A number of geolocation games are also added in this navigator.
5. Garmin Montana 680t
The Montana 680t is a good looking GPS tracker from Garmin which also tops in its quality. The functionality added to this navigator also makes it a good GPS for ATV use. With a big and good screen with touch sensors, the tracker is more user-friendly and make life easier while you are at your trials. Many other functions added to this device make it perfect for your ATV trials.
- Touch screen display with good brightness making it easy to navigate through and read even in the brightest of days.
- The added ability to put down markers helps users from avoiding getting lost during the trials.
- The functionality is made better with the addition of a camera. The tracker gets an ‘8 MP camera’ which can shoot good images and videos during the trials.
- The GPS positioning is also made accurate with the GLONASS satellite support.
- Bluetooth connectivity is also added to this navigator.
6. Magellan eXplorist 200
If you are an ATV rider who at least once couldn’t hit the trains due to rain and the fear of spoiling your expensive GPS tracker, the Magellan eXplorist 200 is the upgrade you need. This super cool water-resistant GPS tracker is what a hard-core ATV rider should have for their trials. This strong and light-weight navigator is without doubt one of the best GPS for ATV ride available today.
- The main feature of this tracker is the water-resistant body it has.
- The device is also impact-resistant with its strong and durable rubber-armour.
- True fix technology is used in this device and gets a 14 parallel channel, WAAS/EGNOS-enabled GPS receiver.
- The device is light in weight and barely takes any space with its small dimensions.
- You can store a maximum of 500 waypoints, 20 routes, and five tracklogs on this device memory.
7. Garmin Oregon 600
The Garmin Oregon 600 is a GPS tracker which has everything to make it more user-friendly and high in functionality. It is effortless to use even when you are riding because of its touch screen and bright display which improves readability. Coming into functionality, the features added can provide you with more precise locations and functions which let you keep track of the ride patch you took.
- Touch-enabled display with high brightness and reflective technology makes navigating through and reading a piece of cake.
- It has a function which let you leave marks making it easy to track back in case if you get lost.
- The GPS system used is a dual-channel is more precise with the addition of GLONASS support.
- The device also has good battery backup and can last up to 18hours.
- Bluetooth connectivity is added to the device.
8. Magellan TRX7 CS
Up next in the list of best GPS for ATV trail riding is the Magellan TRX7 CS. The device unlike the previous one is different in the design and also some of the functionalities. This is a big gadget and gets a dual mount setup. The maps are more detailed and also get various other features which can improve your ATV trial experience to a greater extent.
- The Magellan TRX7 CS gets a wider screen which provides a better and detailed map.
- The tracker also gets a built-in 5MP camera which comes with a LED flash.
- The device also get the ability to share the recording with just one touch
9. Garmin Montana 680
The Garmin Montana 680 is another good GPS for ATV use from the big name of the market, Garmin. As usual they have gone with a minimalistic hand-held design that is easy to carry around. However, the team at Garmin had worked in the user interface of the device very well. The device gets a more interactive interface which gets better with the functionalities the device have.
- The Garmin Montana 680 gets a very responsive touchscreen and make it easy to use.
- The WAAS-enabled GPS receiver along with GLONASS gives a more accurate location.
- There is a track manager added to the device which saves the rider from getting lost during the trials
- The 8MP camera promises good quality and also has the geotagging ability.
10. Trail Tech 912-101 Voyager
Another different ATV GPS tracker, Trail Tech 912-101 Voyager is for those who need a break from the cliché designs. With an automotive console-like interface the GPS tracker is designed to match the needs of passionate ATV riders. The mountable devices also house some good functionalities making it a worth buy.
- A backlit display is provided with this device and gets a good and detailed interface.
- The interface is highly customisable and gets options like GPS speed, distance, compass, altitude, ambient and engine temperature.
- A track manager function is provided to manage the trials in a better way.
- The smart data logging system is directly connected to the engine of ATV
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1. Which is the best GPS for ATV use available currently?
Our personal favourite ATV GPS tracker is the Garmin GPSMAP 64SC, but it is completely based on your personal preferences.
2. Is there is a much more environmentally friendly activity similar to ATV riding?
Mountain biking is one of the best adventure activity similar to ATV that is more greener. You can check out list of best mountain bikes if you are planning to buy one.
3. What is the pocket-friendly GPS for ATV trail ride?
The Garmin eTrex 20x will not put a hole on your wallet but still does the job pretty well.
Final Verdict –
If you are going to trials not known to you a GPS tracker for ATV is always something you should have. With a good GPS for ATV ride, you can preplan for all the turns coming, moreover this will save you from getting lost. There are a variety of ATV GPS trackers available in the market today. Choices can be a disadvantage at times as it will create a lot of confusion of which one to select. We have the list of best ATV GPS trackers right here to help you. Personally suggesting we would ask you to go with the Garmin GPSMAP 64SC as it is a perfectly balanced device and can be a big help on your ATV rides.
I’m Brian who is the brain behind Future sport.
I have been a big enthusiast of outdoor sports and riding activities like biking, scooting, skateboarding, go-karting and many more and have been doing this for almost 10 years. I have owned a number of bikes and other sports gears over the years matching different trials I hit regularly.
When I started to get a lot of questions from friends and family about riding vehicles and gears, I decided I can help a big group through a blog something like Future sports. And as I discussed the idea with my friends who had similar interest few of them weighed in and that is how Future Sports became a reality.