To spice up your usual racing experience, you occasionally like to race down the hill on your skateboards, isn’t it? Well, it may seem amusing and easy to do this but in the absence of appropriate accessories, it may prove to be difficult. Nowadays there are plenty of skateboard accessories available on the market and they are designed to serve you with safety and pleasurable riding experience. In the present article, the discussion will revolve around the downhill longboards.
- 12 Best Mountain Bikes Under 1000$ in 2020
- Top 10 Outdoor Refrigerators in 2020 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide!
- 7 Best Hybrid Bikes For Men And Women Under $500 in 2020 Reviewed !
Generally, the downhill riding allows you to maximize your speed down the hill, unlike free riding. In order to safeguard from the obstacles during the ride, the choice of a decent quality downhill longboard is a recommended idea. With the use of such longboards, you need not worry about speed control, sliding, movement, and other obstacles during riding. Continue reading below list of product description to know more and pick the best downhill longboard:
Top 3 Downhill Longboards Comparison:
Our 2020 Top Picks: Best Downhill Longboards
1. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) – (Featured Pick)
The 41-inch longboard as mentioned above is the ‘featured pick’ in this list and it is basically an ultra-low-riding longboard. In simple terms, this longboard is dedicated to providing exceptional stability. The same makes it perfect for downhill riding experience. You will certainly feel the flow when you drop it low.
The simplicity of pushing is found the ideal for long-distance riding. Alternatively, you can cruise around the town by riding on this drop deck longboard. Another good quality of this longboard is that it has the best downhill longboard deck. Its overall shape and perimeter will provide you with 9.6″ of control in each turn. Furthermore, it will decrease the wheel bite.
- Due to convenient pushing, it will eliminate wear & tear.
- It comes with the full maple laminate deck.
- Inside the structure, the ABEC 9 bearings are present and they are equipped with high-speed lubricant.
- For the purpose of comfort, 80S grip tape is included.
Why is this Top Pick ?
Whether you want to cruise around your town or willing to go on long-distance riding, this 41-inch longboard becomes the top pick on this list. It presents a beautiful feel in every turn and capable to ride smoothly on all terrain.
What We Like-
Inclusion of the highest-rated bearings on the present market makes this downhill longboard unique. Some other specialties that we like are its huge wheelbase and flawless riding experience.
2. Atom Drop Through – 41 Inch – (Budget Pick)
At an affordable price, the Atom Drop through longboard is the best downhill longboards on this list. Again, it is an ultra-low-riding type longboard intended to offer superb stability and speed. In this way, your downhill riding experience will be amusing and safe. When you wish to commute around your town, there is no need for pushing. There will be no hassles while pushing around the surfaces that are essentially not downhill. Since it comes fully assembled, you will save your time otherwise spent on setup procedure.
- The exceptional perimeter shape provides 9.6 inches of leverage. The same is applied to each turn and there will be the removal of wheel bite.
- It will conveniently fit the reverse King Pin (RKP) longboard trucks having 245-millimeter axles.
What We Like-
The built-in wheels are nice and they come with excellent grip. They will actually hug the road while you take a turn at fast speeds. The rolling of wheels is also flawless. There will be no adverse effects of obstacles because the rounded edge of the wheels keeps them from grabbing the pavement. Overall, a comfortable downhill skateboarding experience is facilitated without any compromise in safety.
3. Magneto Longboards Bamboo Longboards – (Runner UP)
The use of bamboo gives this Magento longboard exceptional durability. The same indicates that it will last longer regardless of the external conditions. The overall size of this longboard for downhill skating is made perfect. Therefore, it will facilitate easy gab and easy transportation around your town.
- The corresponding deck showcases a drop-through truck design. The same is beneficial for a low center of gravity as well as flawless ride.
- The size of the bamboo deck is 38.5″ x 9″, so it works perfectly to take the turns while going on a downhill.
- It comes with high flexibility and makes the riding experience fun-filled for many years to come.
What We Like-
The wheels at the bottom are super grippy and the riding experience on the downhill is superb. There will be no hassles even if you ride fast on downhill. It comes with high stability with the correct amount of flex.
4. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard (Brownbear)
Equipped with one of the downhill longboard decks, this MINORITY longboard will not let you down. Basically, the deck used in its making is made up from 100% maple wood. The length of this longboard is 40 inches and it is being built with the classic downhill drop model. Corresponding low gravity construction is found perfect for speedy riding experience. In this maple longboard, the graphics vary from noticeably vintage to avant-garde appearances. The overall structure is made sufficiently sturdy to withstand load up to 220 lbs.
- In the making of this longboard, the sturdy 8-ply cold pressed type hardrock maple is used.
- It comes with 37 inches wheelbase and the deck is made spacious with the width being 10 inches.
- The wheels’ type used is the durable 78A PU wheels with dimensions being 70x51mm. Usually, they will work flawlessly with ABEC-9 precision bearings. Therefore, a smooth and joyous ride is guaranteed.
What We Like-
With the implementation of several advanced techniques, this downhill longboard is certainly decent for the price offered. With great stability being offered, you will admire the joyful and smooth riding experience.
5. Sector 9 Green Wave Lookout II Drop-Thru Bamboo Complete Downhill Longboard Skateboard
The Sector 9 longboard for skating is solidly built and suitable for any cruiser. Not only experienced skaters but even beginners can try it out and learn skateboarding. The appealing aspect that makes it a decent downhill longboard on this list is it comes in an attractive green Hawaii wave graphic at the base. This makes the entire structure look beautiful. Moreover, there is the presence of clear grip tape on the deck.
- Being classic surf inspired, this longboard is suitable for a cruiser, commuter, carver, etc.
- The length and width are respectively 42″ and 9.6″; the wheelbase is 31.50″.
- It comes with the PDP ABEC 5 bearings to ensure a safe riding experience.
What We Like-
The Sector 9 Green Wave longboard comes with a perfect blend of rigidity and flex. These qualities let you ride smoothly on different terrains without worrying about stability. The wheelbase is made long and the same provides great stability.
6. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard 40-inch Drop Deck (Galaxy)
In the making of this 40-inch downhill longboard, the durable PU wheels are used. They work flawlessly with ABEC-9 precision bearings to present safe riding sessions. Not just the construction but the overall design is made appealing to soothe your mood while riding. The included deck is made up of 100% maple wood.
- This downhill maple longboard is built with the classic downhill drop model. The corresponding low gravity assembly is perfect for a speedy riding session.
- The length of the wheelbase is 37 inches and the deck’s width is 10 inches. Both of them assist to provide high stability on the downhill.
- Excellent maneuverability is offered.
What We Like-
Now you can give your muscles a power paddle with the setup of this maple longboard. There will be no hassles even if you ride speedy on downhill or around the corners. The bottom graphic is found durable, and would never fade with the passage of time.
7. ENKEEO 40 Inch Drop-Through Longboard Skateboard
The exceptional fascinating design makes this ENKEE longboard one of the best downhill longboards on the market. Its design represents the color of inexplicable forest and sky. Unlike the other longboards that come with ABEC-9 rated bearings, this one comes with the ABEC-11 bearings. The same will guarantee you with smooth and quick riding experience. The dimensions of the PU wheels are 70mm x 51mm and they will glide very quickly.
- The included ABEC-11 skateboard bearing is capable to bear high rotation speed. So, it makes this longboard smooth and fast to ride on.
- Measurements of the deck are 40” long x 9” wide. The corresponding manufacturing is done from 9-ply flex maple.
- The deck comes with the brushed black surface to provide resistance against slip.
What We Like-
Being durable and tough, there will be no hassles while riding on uneven surfaces. Moreover, the design is made fascinating to let you perform skateboarding in style. This ENKEE longboard is capable to withstand a lot of weight and pressure.
8. Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Drop Through
Equipped with the ABEC 5 Bearings, this Sector 9 longboard presents high stability while riding. Basically, it is a fractal longboard that utilizes its length as a key benefit. Therefore, you will stay stable and would not fall while running on downhills. Moreover, there is the inclusion of the Gullwing Sidewinder trucks. Excellent slides and turns are facilitated by the double-kingpin over the Fractal.
- The overall dimensions are 36.0″ L x 9.0″ W x 26.375″ H.
- At the base, there are 69mm 80a 9-balls wheels included.
- No instability issues while riding on the downhill.
What We Like-
For beginners, this drop through style longboard is super easy to learn. Generally, it works excellent for cruising down slopes and turning the sharp edges. The overall design is made beautiful.
9. Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser
The simplicity of learning is the key benefit making this freestyle longboard one of the best downhill longboards on this list. For kids and adults, it will be quite easy to learn skateboarding. It conveys low to ground feature resulting from Dropthroguht mounting technology. You may refer it as a multifunctional board. This is because it is suitable for sliding, cruising, carving, riding on downhill, freestyle and freeride. The included downhill longboard decks are prepared from 8 ply hardwood maple material. So, high strength and flexibility are offered. This is one of the best recommendation when you are searching for longboards for beginners.
- The flexible 8-ply maple deck allows this longboard to hold up to 250 lbs weight.
- There are large 70x50mm PU wheels that are blended with ABEC-9 bearings to facilitate a smooth riding experience.
- Comfortable riding is facilitated by the sturdy 7 inches aluminum trucks along with soft bushings.
What We Like-
This cruiser longboard feels lightweight to carry around. Irrespective of your height, the fun-filled riding experience is guaranteed. Right out of the box, it is ready to go.
10. Fireball x Arbor Longboard Cruiser Downhill Skateboards
Being one of the best downhill longboards in this entire list, this product is made multifunctional. Whether you wish to commute around your town or simply go on a causal downhill ride, this Fireball longboard is an ideal solution. The set comes complete with the necessary accessories to let you keep rolling smoothly. The construction process uses the superior quality skateboard components available on the market, so it is definitely one of the best downhill longboards.
- This cruiser longboard comes in a wonderful shape.
- Its structure is made lightweight yet sturdy.
- The included wood is very sturdy.
What We Like-
At the offered price, this sturdily built longboard well worth your money. It will be quite easy to learn skateboarding on it.
Factors to consider before buying Downhill Longboards – Buying Guide!
Go through the factors to consider before making a purchase of the downhill longboards:
For downhill longboards, usually, the large and soft wheels work excellently. When you go for the best downhill longboard wheels, they will possess certain common characteristics that make riding session flawless. Typically, they are taller and they demand huge cutouts in top-mounts decks. Moreover, they come with broad contact patches to provide excellent traction. You can consider going for the wheels that have a sharp lip profile. Furthermore, the soft durometers (78a to 80a) will raise the exit speeds.
Particularly, for a downhill longboard, generally, the range of length varies from 37 to 43 inches. If you go for a shorter deck, it will present instability at high speed. On the other hand, if you go for a longer deck, it will demand exceptional controlling ability. Those who are beginners, for them, the longer decks are suitable since they come with less control over the speed. It is a decent idea to choose the length approx. 40 to 41 inches. Moreover, you can consider decks with width varying from 9 to 10.5 inches.
There are basically two styles of decks i.e. drop-through and top-mount. Both these styles are found suitable for almost all types of riders. In the drop-through style, you will find that the curve of the deck is made deeper. The top-mount style is dedicated to offering excellent speed control and flexible grip.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- What type of longboard will be suitable for downhill?
The downhill will usually incorporate valleys, turns, and curves. Therefore, the recommended longboards are the drop-through and top-mount types. Each of them will offer you a specific strength.
How swift can a longboard descend downhill?
For the downhill riding, the speed of the longboard varies from 50 to 70 MPH. It is essential to note that whichever downhill longboard you choose but the actual speed will be affected by certain elements. These include riding style, kind of slope, rider’s weight, rider’s speed tuck, and rider’s capability to push and pump.
Final Verdict –
In order to minimize obstacles and to facilitate a smooth riding experience, it is great to pick the suitable best downhill longboard from this list. They are solidly built and will not create any insecurity hassles while descending downhill.
I’m Brian who is the brain behind Future sport.
I have been a big enthusiast of outdoor sports and riding activities like biking, scooting, skateboarding, go-karting and many more and have been doing this for almost 10 years. I have owned a number of bikes and other sports gears over the years matching different trials I hit regularly.
When I started to get a lot of questions from friends and family about riding vehicles and gears, I decided I can help a big group through a blog something like Future sports. And as I discussed the idea with my friends who had similar interest few of them weighed in and that is how Future Sports became a reality.