It is safe to say that electric bikes have gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years. With each passing year, there were more and more developments on the basic electric bike, starting from electric mountain bikes to now, the electric hunting bike. If you are a seasoned hunter and are looking for an effective mode of transportation that allows you to easily go from one place to another without breaking a sweat, this electric hunting bike is just what you need.
- Best Hybrid Bikes Under $1000 in 2020
- Best Mountain Bikes Under $1000 2020
- Best Road Bikes Under $500 in 2020
What is an electric hunting bike exactly?
This is a relatively new type of electric bike that has only been around for a few years, but with time, it is slowly but surely gaining a lot of popularity. There are many uses for an electric bike, but an electric hunting bike is exclusively made for hunting. All the features of this bike allow you to improve your hunting skills and reach your maximum potential.
Hu ting can be an energy-intensive activity, that involves a lot of moving around and traveling from one spot to another with a whole lot of equipment. Doing all this by yourself and relying on your two feet is an ambitious task, which is why these hunting bikes came into existence.
In its true essence, an electric hunting bike is a bicycle with a motor and powerful battery that runs the motor attached to it. But everything from the build of the bike, the paint job on the frame, and the high weight capacity of the bike enhances your chances of going home with a kill.
The advantages of an electric hunting bike are –
- It is an easy way to transport equipment from one place to another.
- It can be used on all types of difficult and tricky terrain.
- It moves very quietly and stealthily so that your prey does not get scared and run away.
- It can reach great speeds so that you can catch up with your prey.
- The body of the bike is often painted in camouflage prints to blend into the environment.
The Best Electric Hunting Bikes
1. BAKCOU Mule Elite Electric Hunting Bike
One of the best electric hunting bikes that you can invest in, this is a professional bike that you can consider buying, especially when your field of work involves a lot of riding in tricky and tiring terrain. It is so popular amongst the hunting community because all the features that it offers make it ideal and the most reliable mode of transportation.
When you ride the Mule, you will realize how much time and effort has gone into making sure every feature enhances your riding experience. One thing you must keep in mind that this bike is perfect for people who are over the height of 5’9”, so if you are shorter than that, you may have to reconsider your choice.
- It has a 1000-watt mid-drive motor with a torque sensor.
- It has a 48-volt 14.5 Ah battery.
- The bike offers a range of 40 miles.
- It has powerful hydraulic 203mm disc brakes.
- It has 9 Shimano gears.
- The tires are large and wide (26×4 inches).
2. Rambo Rebel 1000W Carbon Electric Hunting Bike
The Rambo Rebel Carbon Electric Hunting Bike has a 1000-watt motor and fat tires that can be used in all types of weather conditions. The motor is a mid-drive motor that is encased in a protective coating so that rain or snow does not mess with it. Compared to regular fat-tire bikes, the Rambo Rebel has 4.8-inch tires, making it some of the best and most grippy bikes for riding on difficult roads and paths.
Another feature that we loved is the fact that it has a colourful digital display unlike other regular black and white displays. This screen shows all the important information that you require while riding, as the speed of the bike, battery levels, and the gear you are currently on.
- It has a 1000-watt high-torque mid-drive motor.
- It has a 48 volt 14.5 Ah Panasonic battery.
- This bike comes with front and rear Tektro hydraulic brakes.
- The tires have dimensions of 26×4.5 inches.
- It offers a range of 20 miles and up (depending on the weight of the rider).
- It has an awesome RST Renegade fork suspension.
3. Quietkat Ranger Electric Hunting Bike
If hunting is something you are truly passionate about, then you must have a look t the Quietkat Ranger electric hunting bike. It is known for its super silent operation that allows you to be stealthy and keep an eye on the game. Made to endure all types of terrain, this electric bike allows you to reach locations that would otherwise be difficult to access with just a regular bike.
With wide tires and grippy treads, you no longer have to worry about slipping, you are safe when you are riding the Ranger. With a body built out of 6061 aluminum, it is a heavy-duty bike that can withstand all types of weather, rain or shine.
- It has a 750-watt hub drive motor.
- It has a Sram 7-speed gear system.
- It comes with responsive 7-inch mechanical disc brakes.
- It has a 48-volt 11.6Ah Panasonic battery.
- It has a spring coil hydraulic suspension system
4. RadRover 5 Electric Fat Tire Hunting Bike
Some things that stand out about this electric hunting bike are the incredible battery pack and motor. It has a very powerful Samsung motor that can easily give you an incredible range of 45 miles on a single charge. Of course, this depends hugely on the weight of the rider and also the terrain you are riding on.
The motor of this bike is quite compact but packs a very powerful punch. Other little features that we love are the brake integrated lighting that lights up every time you hit the brakes. All these features make it a great asset while hunting and also make sure that you stay safe at all times.
- It has a 750-watt Bafang geared hub motor with 80 Nm of torque.
- You can choose from 7-speed settings.
- It has an intuitive twist-grip throttle.
- The bike comes with 180mm mechanical disc brakes.
- The tires have a dimension of 26×4 inches.
- It comes with full coverage rear and front fenders.
5. BAKCOU Storm Electric Hunting Bike
This Storm Electric Hunting Bike has 2 different power options to choose from – you can either go for the 750-watt motor or the 1000-watt motor, depending on what your requirement is. If you are an avid hunter, then you might be interested in the 1000 watt motor option. Both these options come with a high torque motor that gives you incredible performance, helping you hunt to the best of your abilities.
This electric bike has the ability to give you a range of 40 miles once it has been charged fully. You can ride this bike without breaking a sweat, which is very important when you are hunting because animals are sensitive and can pick up on the presence of a human being around them just from the smell of their sweat.
- You can choose between the 750 watts motor or the 1000 watts motor model.
- The motor of this bike has an integrated torque sensor.
- The bike comes with powerful Tektro Quad piston hydraulic front and rear brakes.
- The incredible battery allows the rider to reach a maximum range of 40-45 miles on a single charge.
- The tires of this bike have dimensions of 26×4 inches.
6. Rambo Roamer 750W XC Electric Hunting Bike
This 750-watt electric hunting bike surely delivers to our expectations! With a great camouflage design that will help you blend into the wild, this bike facilitates your hunt and helps you go back with your prize. We love the fat tires of this bike and also the fact that it has been designed in a way to give maximum importance to comfort and utility.
The large hydraulic disc brakes allow you to stop silently without scaring off your prey. Not only does this bike perform really well, but it is quite aesthetically pleasing as well, so it definitely hits two birds with one stone.
- It has a 750-watt DC motor with a sealed drivetrain for weather resistance.
- It has a range of 19 miles on a single charge.
- It has front and rear hydraulic brakes.
- The tires are 26×4 inches and puncture-resistant.
- It has 5 levels of pedal assist mode.
7. 2020 QuietKat Apex Electric Hunting Bike
This 750-watt electric hunting bike by QuietKat is another very strong contender on this list. QuietKat is known all around the world for its excellent electric hunting bikes, and the Apex cannot be left out from this list. With a medium to large frame, this is a bike that is made for professional hunters, so if you are a beginner, you may want to reconsider your choice and go for a much more basic model, because this bike surely is an investment.
But what you must remember is that while you may have to lose a lot of dollars to buy this bike, the value you get in return is totally worth it! With 9 speeds and a stainless steel chain drive, it is an exceptional bike that you just can’t overlook!
- It has a 750-watt mid-drive motor.
- It has a high-grade 48-volt Panasonic battery.
- The digital display shows all the important information you may need while riding.
- The hydraulic disc braking system is very responsive.
- The tires of this bike have dimensions of 26×4.5 inches.
- It has 9 Sram speed shifters.
8. Rambo Rebel 1000W Truetimber Electric Hunting Bike
This electric bike is made for hunters who love the thrill of adventure and want to improve their hunting skills. With a 19-inch aluminum alloy frame that is made to last for a long time, this bike sure is an investment but is an investment that pays off. The 1000-watt motor gives you great peed and the 48-volt battery allows you to ride this bike for a long time.
The motor also has high torque, so you can be sure to get your dose of adrenaline while staying safe. It also has a pedal-assist mode if you don’t want to use it as a fully electric bike.
- It has a 1000-watt high torque mid-drive motor.
- It has an RST Renegade fork for great shock absorption.
- It has front and rear Tektro hydraulic brakes.
- It gives a range of 20 miles and up, on a single charge.
- It has wide tires with the dimensions 26x.8 inches.
Factors To Consider Before Buying an Electric Hunting Bike –
The motor is what drives the electric bike. These electric hunting bikes essentially have three different types of motos – rear hub motors, mid-drive motors, and ultra mid-drive motors. Rear hub motors are placed at the rear tire of the bike. These motors are easy to take care of and maintain. But rear hub motors are not preferred for terrains which involve a lot of steep inclines, as climbing slopes can be a bit challenging. Mid-drive motors are placed right in the middle of the bike, between the pedals. This type of motor provides higher torque, making it great for climbing slopes. Mid-drive motors tend to be costlier than the rear hub motors, for obvious reasons. Ultra mid-drive motors are basically an elevated version of the mid-drive motor and these bikes give an excellent performance and allow the rider to have more control over the bike. Depending on what your need is, you can go for a bike with any of these motors.
Most of the high-end electric hunting bikes feature a 48-volt battery that is powerful and drives the motor efficiently. The quality and power of the battery directly influence the range of the bike. If you want a bike that can go on for more miles on a single charge, make sure that the bike has a great battery pack. Also, keep in mind to check how long the battery takes to charge up. For hunting purposes, we suggest that riders go for a bike that has a range of 20 miles and up. High-quality hunting bikes that are a bit more expensive can even have high ranges of 40-50 miles. The range of the bike depends on the terrain and also on the weight of the rider.
Hu ting requires a lot of equipment, so you want to make sure that the bike you are buying can bear all this weight, and also your weight. A quick calculation will help you understand what weight capacity bike you would require. Most electric hunting bikes (at least the ones mentioned in this article) have a weight capacity of 300 pounds and up, which is the ideal weight limit you must go for, nothing lower than that.
Pay special attention to the type of material used for the build of your electric bike. You would want to go for a material that is strong and sturdy, but also light enough so that you can easily carry this bike around if you need to. For these purposes, an aluminum alloy works best because it is sturdy and resistant to all types of weather, and it is also lightweight. Since you will be investing a good chunk of money on this bike, it is important to make sure that it will last for the next few years to come at least. Also, have a look into the warranty policy for the bike company so that in case a thing goes wrong, you can always reach out to them for repairs and other issues.
Electric bikes are known for being fast, without even pedaling. If you want to catch up to your prey, then speed is essential. Go for an electric bike that lets you reach at least 15-20 miles per hour. This speed is the minimum, and anything more than that is a bonus.
Some electric bikes can have a noisy motor, which means that chances of you stealthily approaching your prey can get really diminished. To help you with that, make sure that the bike has a silent and smooth working, which allows you to not scare away the animal and stay silent and hidden in plain sight. It is best to check with other hunters about their opinion of low-noise bikes and then make a decision. All the electric hunting bikes mentioned in this article generate minimum noise.
These features include things like an LCD screen that show you all the parameters you may need while riding like the speed of the bike and the battery level. Other things that add to the overall value of the bike include a high-quality suspension system to absorb bumps and jerks and bright headlights and taillights that make riding at night safe.
Why should you buy yourself an electric hunting bike?
- You can travel long distances without getting tired.
- You don’t break a sweat, not leaving any trail of scent behind.
- It moves very quietly.
- It has a great range, allowing you to ride the bike for longer.
- It can be used on all kinds of terrain.
- It can help you reach different spots that would be difficult to reach otherwise on a regular bike.
- It is an eco-friendly way to travel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Yes, you can. All you need to do is make sure that the bike is weather and water-resistant
No, you don’t need a license to ride this bike.
Most electric hunting bikes are made out of a strong aluminum alloy, which is a lightweight material. They are light enough to be carried in and out of the house or vehicle.
There are many reasons why an electric hunting bike is favoured all over the world by professional hunters. Get one for yourself today so that you don’t have to carry heavy equipment by yourself. The speed of an electric bike also helps you hunt successfully.
I’m Brian who is the brain behind Future sport.
I have been a big enthusiast of outdoor sports and riding activities like biking, scooting, skateboarding, go-karting and many more and have been doing this for almost 10 years. I have owned a number of bikes and other sports gears over the years matching different trials I hit regularly.
When I started to get a lot of questions from friends and family about riding vehicles and gears, I decided I can help a big group through a blog something like Future sports. And as I discussed the idea with my friends who had similar interest few of them weighed in and that is how Future Sports became a reality.