If you are tired of using the conventional modes of transportation and are on the search to find a ride that is convenient and also does not harm the environment, then what you need in your life in an electric scooter for adults. These battery-powered scooters are perfect for commuting around the city and depending on the power of the motor, it can also be used for off roading purposes.
- Top 10 Fastest Electric Scooters In 2020
- The 10 Best 3 Wheel Electric Scooters For Adults In 2020
- The 8 Best Electric Scooter For Heavy Adults In 2020
Electric scooters not only look cool but also super fun to ride and can be used as a substitute for a car or motorcycle. Cars and motorcycles use up a lot of gas, so these electric scooters for adults are the perfect solution for those who want to reduce their carbon footprint but also want to have fun while they do so. In this article, we have featured eight of the best electric scooters for adults, so if you are looking to buy one and find yourself confused and lost, then this article is exactly what you need. Read on to find out more about these electric scooters for adults.
How do electric scooters work?
The driving force of an electric scooter is the motor and the battery. The batteries used in motorized scooter for adults are rechargeable, mostly through a USB port. Most electric scooters use Lithium-ion batteries or lead batteries and give a range of about 10-30 miles on average. The electricity generated by the battery of the electric scooter essentially runs the motor, which pushes the electric scooter to work. Some electric scooters may move the front wheel, some may move both the wheels. This depends on the type of electric scooter you decide to go for.
Electric scooters are street legal in most places, which is why more and more people are investing in them as they are a fun, convenient and eco-friendly way to commute around their neighbourhoods. Folding electric scooters for adults are a crowd favorite because you can simply fold up the scooter and board any train or subway, or store it compactly in your home without worrying about it occupying too much space. Some electric scooters for adults also have a seat so that the rider remains comfortable while riding for long distances.
The 9 Best Electric Scooters For Adults –
1. Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter
This electric scooter for adults comes from the technological geniuses Xiaomi who make everything from phones to scooters. They have created this amazing electric scooter that is highly foldable (it only takes about 3 seconds to fold up completely) and has a sleek black frame that is surely going to make many heads turn when you are cruising down the street. When folded up, you can easily store this electric scooter in the trunk of your car or under your desk at work, no worries!
- This electric scooter for adults has a 250-watt brushless motor
- It gives a maximum speed of 15.5 miles per hour
- It has a range of 18.6 miles
- It comes with a double-disc braking system and eABS regenerative anti-lock braking system
- The frame if this electric scooter is made up of aerospace-grade aluminum that is sturdy and durable
- It has 8.5-inch front and rear tires that give the rider a smooth and comfortable ride
2. Segway Ninebot ES4 Electric Kick Scooter
One of the most stylish motorized scooter for adults you will ever come across, this scooter packs the power of an 800-watt motor that gives you great speed and control when you are riding or even offroading. To add to these awesome features, the Segway Ninebot ES4 electric kick scooter also has a mobile app that firstly teaches the rider how to use the electric scooter properly, and then also lets the rider see the stats of the scooter so that they can control it well.
- It has an 800-watt brushless motor
- It can give the rider a top speed of 19 miles per hour
- The battery gives the electric scooter a range of 28 miles
- The dual battery system is ingenious
- The front and rear wheels have a shock-absorbing mechanism
- This electric scooter has mechanical as well as electric brakes
3. Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter
This adult electric scooter is a self-standing scooter that is made for people to zip through the streets in the most fun and convenient way possible. Folding up this electric scooter is also super easy and it takes only 1 second to do it. This electric scooter also has a front fork suspension, giving the rider a smooth ride free of any bumps. The motor and battery of this scooter are of impeccable quality as well.
- This foldable electric scooter for adults has a 250-watt motor
- It is capable of giving a top speed of 15 miles per hour
- It has a range of 15 miles
- The frame of this electric scooter is made up of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy (powder-coated)
- This scooter has 8-inch honeycomb never-flat tires
- The front fork has a suspension system for a smooth riding experience
4. Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter
This electric scooter for adults is one of the most affordable ones you can find. And when we say affordable, we don’t mean that this scooter compromises with the quality one bit. If you are looking for the best and most value for money electric scooter, then this is the one for you. With a weight capacity of 220 pounds, this electric scooter is very popular among adults because it has a sophisticated design coupled with great power.
- This electric scooter has a 250-watt motor
- It offers a top speed of 15.5 miles per hour
- It has a maximum range of 12 miles
- It has 8.5-inch pneumatic tires
- The digital display on the frame of this electric scooter lets you adjust the speed, the gears, check the life of the battery and also use the brakes
- It has a dual braking system and also a handbrake
5. HORIZON – Practical Commuter Scooter – Great Value
This motorized scooter is ultra reliable. Classic in its design it looks the part and is the perfect choice for urban commute. With a perfectly designed folding mechanism it is super compact and at 40lbs can still be carried with ease. This electric scooter comes in stylish black and you can also opt for trolley wheels and a carry handle for extra versatility.
- This electric scooter for adults delivers top speeds of 23-25mph
- It has a range of 20-25 miles depending on which battery you go for
- Bright LED tail and headlights, regenerative braking, advanced display throttle combination
- Front spring and rear hydraulic suspension
6. Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter
This model is an electric scooter with a seat for adults. This scooter was designed for comfort and ease of riding, and it surely delivers. You can sit and place your feet comfortably on the bamboo deck and zip through the streets of your neighbourhood. This is also a street-legal electric scooter, so you don’t need to worry about getting a driver’s license. The large wheels on this scooter also give the rider a smooth and comfortable ride.
- This electric scooter with a seat has a 500-watt extra high torque motor
- It gives the rider a top speed of 18 miles per hour
- This electric scooter has large 16-inch pneumatic wheels
- This electric scooter for adults can be used for 40 minutes continuously
- This scooter has a padded seat for extra comfort
- It has a rear disc braking system
- It has a wide bamboo deck for the rider to place their feet
7. Macwheel MX1 Electric Scooter
This 350-watt electric scooter from Macwheel is quite impressive, in terms of the aesthetics and also the performance. With a 12 month warranty period, if you run into any troubles with this scooter, the company will handle it, no questions asked. It has a weight capacity of 256 pounds, making it the perfect electric scooter for adults.
- It has a powerful 350-watt hub motor
- It can easily give a top speed of 15.6 miles per hour
- The 8.5-inch wheels of this electric scooter have great grip and shock-absorbing qualities
- It has a rear disc brake and a front anti-lock brake
- It has a 3-second folding design, making it very portable and easy to travel with
8. Razor E200 Electric Scooter
This electric scooter can be used by kids who are 13 and older, and also by adults as long as their weights are under 150 pounds. Having a 200-watt motor, and a dual battery system, this electric scooter is a steal if we keep the price of the scooter in mind and the performance it offers. The build of the scooter is designed in a manner to endure rough and tough usage.
- This electric scooter has a 200-watt high torque chain-driven motor
- It has a top speed of 12 miles per hour
- It can be used for 40 minutes continuously
- It has a strong all-steel frame that is very durable
- This electric scooter has 8-inch pneumatic tires
- It has an automatic start feature
9. NANROBOT D4 +2.0 High Power Foldable Electric Scooter
Probably the most powerful and best foldable electric scooter for adults on this list, this electric scooter features two 1000-watt motors and 10-inch wheels that give you the smoothest ride ever. The power and strength of this electric scooter are almost unmatchable, so feel free to take this scooter out on nature trails for some offroad fun.
- It has a combined motor power of 2000 watts
- This electric scooter can reach top speeds of 40 miles per hour
- It has a range of 40 miles on a single charge
- It has 10-inch pneumatic tires that absorb shock
- This scooter has a highly foldable design
What are the advantages of owning an electric scooter?
There are so many different advantages of investing in a great quality electric scooter for adults and some of those advantages are –
- These are street legal modes of transportation, which means that you don’t require a driving license to ride them on the roads
- They are the best and cheapest alternative mode of transportation
- They are portable and can be folded up to fit small spaces to store
- They are safe as they have certain speed limitations
- They are fun and comfortable to ride
- They are very eco-friendly and help you reduce your carbon footprint
- Taking care of your electric scooter is very easy
- The wheels on these electric scooters ensure that you have a smooth and safe ride
Factors To Consider while Buying Electric Scooter For Adults –
Before you go ahead and decide which electric scooter suits your needs the best, we have collated this buyer’s guide for electric scooter enthusiasts like yourself to make their decision-making process simpler. Here are the few features you must look into before buying an electric scooter for adults –
The ease and time taken to fold up an electric scooter should definitely be considered before you make up a decision to buy one. No one wants to spend half an hour trying to figure out how to fold up an electric scooter, so go for designs that have considered this made a great foldable electric scooter.
Depending on your need and usage of the electric scooter, you need to select one that has a maximum speed that agrees with you. Most electric scooters can reach a top speed of 15 miles per hour easily, but if you go for more high-end electric scooters, then it is possible to reach speeds of 40-50 miles per hour as well.
This feature tells you how long and how much distance you can cover when your electric scooter is fully charged. The greater the range, the better is the battery power.
The motor basically runs the entire scooter. Note that the higher the power of the motor is, the higher the speed of the scooter will be. Identify your riding needs and choose the scooter with the needed motor power accordingly. Basic electric scooters start with a motor power of 200 watts and can reach about 2000 watts easily.
The bigger the wheels of the scooter are, the more balance and stability the scooter will have. It is advised to get an electric scooter with tires that are 8 inches or more.
Look out for other features like the brakes, the LED system, the suspension system, the stand and other things like the luggage carrier. Most electric scooters also have a mobile app to track the different stats of the electric scooter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
When taken good care of, the batteries used in electric scooters can last for 3 to 5 years. Rechargeable batteries do tend to become less efficient over time, so it is important to maintain your batteries properly
Yes, electric scooters are safe when you use the appropriate safety precautions while riding them. Make sure you always wear a helmet and remain conscious about the speed you are traveling at.
No, these electric scooters do not need a license.
To select an electric scooter for yourself, make sure you go through the buyer’s guide mentioned earlier in this article, and you will get all your answers.
Final Verdict –
If you are looking for an electric scooter for commuting longer distances, then the Glion Dolly lightweight foldable electric scooter is what we would recommend for you. With a 2000-watt engine and a high range and speed, this is one of the best electric scooters for adults you will find.