Bike riding is the best and most effective cardio workout. This workout is also great for people who need physical therapy on a regular basis. It gets your knees and joints moving so that you stay flexible for a long time to come. Exercising machines can be big and bulky, which is exactly why a folding exercise bike is the answer to all your prayers. Such bikes can fit easily in any home when folded up, so they are a popular choice among urban city people. With so many different exercise bikes out there, it becomes a little tricky to find one that is perfect for you, which is why we have reviewed some of the best and most popular exercise bikes in 2020.
- Best Mini Bikes of 2020- Top Picks & Buyer’s Guide !
- The 10 Best 3 Wheel Electric Scooters For Adults In 2020- A Comprehensive Review !
- 6 Best Off-Road Electric Skateboards in 2020 You Must Get Your Hands On!
Following the reviews is a buyer’s guide which will give you tips on what you need to look out for before you buy a new folding exercise bike. But, before proceeding to the full article, if you are looking for something more effective way of exercising, check out this post on cross trainers.
Top 3 Products Comparison –
Best Folding Exercise Bikes of 2020 –
1. Marcy Foldable Upright Exercise Bike (Our Top Pick)
This is one of the most effective and popular exercise bike out there! If you are specifically looking at an intense cardio workout, this exercise bike is just what you need. It is also great for strength training and overall fitness. Targeting areas of your body like the quads, hamstrings and glutes, this exercise bike gives you the toned body you have always wanted! The LCD screen on this bike lets you easily track your progress and shows you all the different parameters of your workout like speed, distance, time taken and the number of calories burnt. It is made out of high grade materials that are extremely durable, which means that you can push yourself without worrying about the machine one bit.
- It has a high-quality frame made out of 14 gauge steel
- It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds
- Gives the user an excellent cardio workout and focuses on areas like the quads, hamstrings and glutes
- It has adjustable resistance that lets you adjust the difficulty level of the workouts
- It has 8 preset levels of resistance so you can get a variety of different exercises
- It can be folded up for compact storage
- It has an LCD panel to monitor your progress
Why is this Top Pick ?
This is the ideal product for fitness freaks as well as those who are just starting to embark upon their fitness journeys. This bike is made to suit many different kinds of people, which is what makes it so unique.
2. Exerpeutic Gold Foldable Upright Bike (Our Budget Pick)
This is the exercise bike you should buy if you are under the stress of a budget, but want a high-quality machine that will last for a long time to come. This exercise bike uses a very strong and durable steel frame and can carry a weight of 400 pounds, which is probably the highest amount of weight any exercise can carry. Needless to say, people of varying weights can use it. When not it use, it can be folded up and become half of the original size, which is a great advantage for people who don’t have too much space in their homes but still want to stay in great shape. It also has 8 different levels of magnetic tension, which challenge and push you. The Flywheel and V-Belt drive are unique features which let you operate this bike without disturbing anyone else in the house.
- Made up of a heavy duty steel frame
- It has a weight capacity of 400 pounds
- It has 8 levels of magnetic tension
- It has an LCD display which show the user the number of calories burnt, the distance covered, speed, pulse and odometer.
- It has a comfortable cushioned seat for people of all different sizes
- It has a three-piece cranking system
- It has wheels for easy transportation
3. ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Heart Pulse (Runner Up)
Best suited for people who fall in the height range of 5’1” to 6’, this exercise bike is just what you need if you are passionate about your health and want to tone and maintain your body. These days, the biggest issue is not having enough space in homes to keep big bulky workout machines, but this foldable exercise bike fits into any space in anny home without any problem. This machine also scans your pulse rate and displays it on the LCD screen along with other details like calories spent, speed, distance, time, etc. designed with the best ergonomic technology, this exercise bike is comfortable to use and helps you get the body you have always wanted.
- It has a weight capacity of 220 pounds
- Can be used by people in the height range of 5’1” to 6’
- It has 8 different levels of magnetic tension control system
- The LCD screen displays all the relevant information like speed, distance, time, calories burnt and pulse rate. It just requires 2 AAA batteries that are included with this bike
- It has a dual transmission flywheel which gives higher resistance for those people who love a good challenge
- It has a 3-piece crank system
4. Exerpeutic ExerWork 1000 Fully Adjustable Desk Folding Exercise Bike
If you love working out and also working, then this is the ideal recumbent exercise bike for you! With a desktop that can be used as a workstation, you can work on your legs while also getting some serious work done. This desktop can also be adjusted and tilted as per your needs. It comes with armrests and an LCD screen to show you your vitals while you are exercising. This exercise bike gives you a great cardio workout with a Magnetic Tension control system that has 8 different levels so that you can push and challenge yourself. This semi-recumbent bike has all the features that provide extra comfort while you sweat it out. It has wheels for easy transportation as well, so you don’t have to scrape it on the floor to move it from one place to another.
- Built out of heavy duty steel
- It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- It comes with a desk that can be used for reading or working on your laptop
- It has 8 levels of tension resistance
- It also has a storage drawer for you to store your belongings in
- It has a 2.5-inch thick airsoft seat
5. XTERRA Fitness FB350 Exercise Bike
With a padded lower back rest and cushioned seat, this folding exercise bike is just what you need to have a healthy body. Made out of a high tensile steel, the frame of this bike has an X-design which gives the machine great structural integrity. Equipped with a 2 by 1-inch LCD screen that displays your speed, distance covered, time, pulse and the calories burnt, this fitness bike has 8 levels of resistance which push you beyond your comfort level. Ideal for beginners, this exercise bike is easy to use and also brings about incredible results.
- This fitness bike has an X-frame design for added strength and stability
- It has a weight capacity of 220 pounds
- It has an LCD screen that displays all the important parameters one needs while working out
- It has 8 levels of resistance and can be changed with the help of the dial knob
- It helps you monitor your pulse
- It has a pocket for you to keep your phone or wallet
- It has a high-precision balanced flywheel for silent operation
6. Exerpeutic 1110 300SR Foldable Recumbent Bike
This folding exercise bike can easily take on 300 pounds of weight and has a double drive transmission which is quite unique in exercise bikes falling in this price range. If you love a good challenge, then you will thoroughly enjoy this bike as it has 8 levels of magnetic tension/resistance which helps you get the toned and sculpted legs you have always wanted. The three-piece cranking system helps you achieve the desired smooth pedaling motion. This coupled with the flywheel gives you a very silent riding experience, so you don’t have to worry about bothering anyone while you are working out.
- This folding exercise bike has a semi-recumbent design which gives a very comfortable riding experience
- It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- It has an LCD display which shows the calories you burned, time spent exercising, speed, your heart rate, etc
- It has a precision-balanced flywheel for silent operation
- It has an 8-level magnetic tension control system
- It has pulse sensors on the handlebars
7. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike With Resistance ME-709
Made it a 14 gauge steel tubing and rubber detailing, this folding exercise bike is made for people who love to stay in shape, no matter what. Its step-through design lets people get on the machine and get off it easily, especially if you have bad knees and need this bike to work on your joints. If you want to amp up the pace of your workout, then you can opt for the higher resistance levels (there are 8 levels to choose from). With a functional LCD screen that displays all the vital information you need, you can now be in complete control of your health and fitness.
- It is built with 14 gauge heavy duty steel tubing and has a powder coated finish.
- It has a 300 pound weight capacity
- The LCD screen displays the speed, time, distance and calories spent.
- This exercise has 8 levels of resistance to pump you up
- The pedals on this exercise has counter-balanced and are designed to give you the best foot support
Things you must consider before buying the best folding exercise bikes in 2020 – A buyer’s guide !
With so many different exercise bikes out there, it becomes an extremely daunting decision to choose a bike which is perfect for you. One way to select the ideal exercise bike for you, go through this buyer’s guide that breaks down all the parameters you must consider before investing your money into an exercise bike.
If you want a bike purely for physical therapy reasons, then you can go for an exercise bike that is made for beginners. If improving your health and fitness is your main goal, then you can get a bike with greater resistance levels and one that pushes you to your limit.
There are many different types of resistance like flywheel resistance, friction resistance, magnetic resistance and fan-based resistance. Most exercise bikes have a magnetic resistance. The levels of resistance increases the level of difficulty of the workout.
Most exercise bikes have a weight limit, so make sure that the one you intend on buying can carry your weight and of all the members of your family as well.
Some exercise bikes can be extremely noisy, especially ones which have a fan. Make sure that the bike you choose to get has a smooth and silent operation.
Features like foldability, portability, LCD screens and storage space are huge bonuses. Look out for these special features that give your exercise bike an extra edge.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
The different types of exercise bikes are – upright bike, recumbent bike and the spin bike. A semi-recumbent bike is a mix of an upright bike and a recumbent bike.
There are different types of resistance in exercise bikes, and the most popular one is magnetic resistance. The other types of resistance are – flywheel, friction and fan-based.
An upright bike is known to have a free-spinning magnetic flywheel and the pedals don’t move when you aren’t pedaling. A spin bike on the other hand is designed just like a road bike, but it is stationary. They are used for spin-classes or indoor bike training.
Not at all! Exercise bikes are mostly used indoors so the maintenance is minimum. But like most gym equipment, it is better that we get our exercise bikes checked once in a couple of months.
Final Verdict –
In conclusion, foldable exercise bikes are the best for people who don’t have too much space in their home, but they also care about their bodies and their health. A great exercise bike can last for years if you take care of it. In return, you get an incredibly toned body and healthy knees and joints.