"I hope you love the products we recommend! When you buy through links on futuresport.co, We may earn an affiliate commission."
The world of adventure sporting has evolved a lot over the years. Activities like mountain biking which was the favourite of very few people are more popular these days. More and more people are seeing this as a fun and adventure activity which comes with a lot of thrill of its own. The wide and easy availability of all the gears needed for the sport indeed is a major influence behind its popularity.
See Also :
- The 10 Best Road Bikes Under $500 (Review) in 2021!
- 9 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500$ in 2021 –
- 12 Best Mountain Bikes Under 1500$ in 2021
Although popular, there is one thing which still pulls back a certain group of people who want to give this a price. This is the aspect of money which they need to spend on the sport. The mountain bikes and gears cost a considerable amount of money and can be a bit too much for people. But in reality the new bikes are better with proper design and safety features to save you from any mishaps during the sport. If your budget is on the higher side, go check out the best e mountain bikes starting from $500 to $5000.
We have for you today some cool mountain bikes which will not cost you too hefty that you really don’t want to try the sport again. Read through our handpicked collection of best mountain bikes under 1000$ and go biking next weekend.
Top Editor Picks: Best Mountain Bikes under 1000$ in 2021
1. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike – ‘Featured Pick’
The first bike to make into our list is the ‘best full suspension mountain bikes under 1000 dollars’ available today. This mountain bike with its features makes into the top of the list and justifies the slightly higher price list. The availability of a smooth dual suspension is the main point to look on this product. The bikes also come with a 26 gear setup and promise a smooth and perfect outdoor challenge. The presence of disc brakes makes it safer to ride in any terrain too.
- A great gearing system powered with the best in class Shimano EF-50 trigger shifters makes shifting faster, smoother and precise.
- The frame and suspension of the bike are fully made of aluminium making it highly durable. The bike can easily carry bikers who weigh up to 220lbs without causing any issues to the riding.
- The frame is also made to be rust-resistant and will give the bike it’s new look for a long time.
- The tires and rims provided in the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 are of high quality and make it easier and safer to ride in any harsh terrain.
- The bike is given good quality disc brake at the front making it easier to stop and control.
Final Verdict –
This piece of pricey hardware is something which justifies its price tag with various features it offers. The features make it the best in this list allowing a safer, smoother and perfect experience for beginners and experienced bikers alike.
2. Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike – ‘Budget Pick’
For those who love the fat wheels, Mongoose Dolomite will be love at first sight. This amazing mountain bikes looks badass just with the big-sized tires it has. In addition to this this piece of hardware houses some cool features making it one of our ‘best budget bike’ in the list of 12 best mountain bikes to consider under 1000 dollars.
- The most prominent feature in the Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike which takes it right into the list of best mountain bikes under 1000$ is its tire itself. The tires are large in size and suit any hard conditions.
- The frame of this bike is made of steel and has a high tensile strength.
- Although the tire is fat in size, they have kept the rims light in weight.
- The seat is adjustable to suit riders of different heights.
- Both the front and rear gets disc brakes with good brakes.
- Comfortable and good pedals make riding smooth and easy.
- The bike comes with a 7-speed gear system and a twist shifter which make it easy to change gears.
3. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive – ‘Runner Up’
The Diamondback Overdrive Mountain Bike is a good choice in its price range. This is something better suiting riders who are not into hardcore trail-riding, but this can be a perfect choice for people opting for normal off-roading and cross-country tracks. The bikes get a cool looking sleek design and come with many features added.
- The bike houses highly adjustable forks.
- Both the rear and front brakes are disc brakes which provide good performance.
- Good clearance helps in tackling obstacles easily.
- The tires are good enough for ‘hard terrain’ and conditions
- The bikes get an impressive paint job which gives it an overall premium look.
4. Mongoose Impasse Full Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
Next in the list of ‘best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars’ is the Mongoose Impasse with dual suspension. This is indeed one of the ‘best full suspension mountain bikes under 1000′ available in the market currently. With numerous features added the bike gives all kind of riders a smooth experience on any kind of terrain.
- The suspension frame on this bike is made of high durable Aluminium which promises a comfortable ride.
- The bike houses a ‘21-speed gear system’ with an SRAM twist shifters making gear changes smooth.
- It gets an elementary fork at the front, while the rear fork is coil-spring-powered.
- Both the front and rear gets disc brakes.
- Both the wheels in the bike are alloy.
5. Schwinn Traxion Full Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
With its Neon paint job giving it a good lock along with the numerous built-in features the Traxion mountain bike from Schwinn is a strong contender in the ‘best mountain bikes under 1000$’ segment. The bike with its safety and good quality additions can give both the beginners and experienced riders a good ride experience overall.
- The frame and the dual suspension of the Traxion are fully made of high-quality aluminium.
- The ‘light-weight aluminium material’ used for the construction of the bike helps it easy to speed up in the bike.
- Good quality suspension forks at the front ensure comfortable riding experience.
- The Traxion get a ‘24-speed system’ and precise shifting with the presence of Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters along with the front and rear Shimano derailleurs.
- Safe riding is ensured with the inclusion of mechanical disk brakes both at the front and rear of the bike.
- There are strong and lightweight double-wall alloy rims and knobby tires which is good enough to provide smooth trails.
6. Kent KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
The Kent KZ600 is one of the ‘best dual-suspension mountain bikes under 1000 dollars’ in the market now. The bike has a strong built with high-quality material that is highly durable. A smooth ride can be a sure thing with the comfortable ‘dual-suspension‘; at the same time hard terrains can be a piece of cake with the durability of the material used in its construction.
- The frame of the bike is constructed using ‘lightweight aluminium’ which keeps the weight of the bike low enough to pick up speed and handle it easily.
- The bike gets double suspension make the whole ride in any terrain comfortable enough.
- A 21 speed along with a trigger setup makes shifting between gears easy and perfect.
- The ‘dual disc brake setup‘ is absent with only the front gets a mechanical disc brake, while the rear gets a linear one.
- The Kent KZ2600 gets smaller tires.
7. Diamondback Bicycles Hook 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike
A good hardtail mountain bike can enhance the adventure activity in the rough terrain and the Diamondback Bicycles Hook is exactly that bike. When it comes to a list with all the ‘best hardtail mountain bikes under 1000 dollars’, this bike does have a good position. This bike is both fast and smooth and provides the rider with a good experience on any kind of terrain.
- Good quality and light in weight aluminium are used in the construction of this bike.
- The ‘suspension fork’ at the front is a 120mm fork which provides a comfortable ride on all terrains.
- The bikes get an 8-speed gear along with an SRAM X4 shifter for precise gear shifting.
- The wheel rims are dual walled and also houses stainless steel spokes.
- Coming into the braking department, the bike gets mechanical disc brakes on both its fronts and rear.
8. Schwinn Bonafide Mountain Bike
The Bonafide is another good ‘hardtail mountain bikes under 1000 dollars’ in price and it comes from one of the big names in the industry, Schwinn. The company always have constructed the bikes to provide a comfortable and perfect experience for all of its riders. With bigger wheels, strong and lightweight body this is one of the ‘best mountain bikes under 1000 price tag.
- The build quality of the bike is extraordinary with the use of durable and lightweight aluminium giving the bike needed strength at the same time reducing its overall weight.
- A ‘bigger 29-inch wheel‘ is added to the bike.
- The front suspension gives it a comfortable feel when you hit bumps during the trails.
- Both the front and rear of the bike are fitted with good quality mechanical disc brakes.
- The gear system is fitted with Shimano EZ-fire trigger shifter and Shimano derailleur for better and precise gear shifting.
9. Raleigh Bicycles Tokul 2 Hardtail Mountain Bike
Amongst the ‘best hardtail mountain bikes under 1000 dollars’ of cost, the Tokul 2 is seen as a killer. Although it is not the cheapest of options available, the features added are really good for its price tag. Similar to other bikes in the segment this gets a lightweight frame made out of durable aluminium. The bike is known for its good performance when it comes to hilly terrains. The bike is constructed to climb better than other bikes in its range.
- ‘High-quality aluminium’ is used in the construction to make the bicycle frame durable and low in overall weight.
- The bike gets a powerful hydraulic braking system.
- The bike houses wider wheels to ensure good ride quality in rough terrains.
- The bikes get a ‘120 mm front suspension fork’ giving comfortable ride without mush strain to the riders.
10. BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike
Carbon Fibre is the final word when it comes to slashing down the weight of any product. This is why the BEIOU Carbon Fibre Mountain bike is the lightest bike in the list of ‘best mountain bikes under 1000$‘. The addition of carbon fibre did shoot up the cost of the bike a little high, but the perks that come with the material is worth the price tag. The bike also gets various features making it a good spend.
- Carbon fibre body which includes the frame, handlebar and the seat post of the bike. This considerably reduced the weight of the bike.
- The bikes get a dual disc brake system that is actually hidden to give the bike better looks.
- SHIMANO M6000 DEORE System is present in the bike which improves its overall performance
- A goof front suspension fork gives comfortable riding to all riders.
11. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Hook 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike (Blue)
With a strong and lightweight hardtail frame made of aluminium it makes it easy to do a good trail on hard terrains. It is one of the ‘best hardtail mountain bikes for under 1000 dollars’ in cost. This also gets a lot of good features.
- A ‘strong lightweight frame‘ made of good quality aluminium material.
- The front suspension gets a 120mm fork that ensures better comfort during trails.
- SRAM X4 shifter and SRAM X3 derailleur make it easy to shift the 7-speed gear system the bike is having.
- Both the front and rear wheels get powerful disc brakes.
12. Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle
The mountain bikes available today are gender-based to a greater extent. This is why we have on our list of ‘best mountain bike under 1000$’ specially built for women. The Speed Alpine Eagle is designed in such a way that it matches ‘women riders‘.
- ‘21-speed gear system‘ with special Shimano grip shifters.
- Both the front and rear wheels get V brakes with resin levers
- The front suspension fork is added for lowering the strain on riders
- The rims are alloy and provide better strength to the wheel.
Tips to consider before buying the best mountain bikes under 1000$ – A Buying Guide !
With various options available in the market choosing a mountain bike for you can be a difficult task. There are numerous questions and confusions that come up during the process and the last thing you want to be is getting stuck on a bike that doesn’t suite your actual need. This is why we have a simple yet working guide which can help you in making the right decision.
For starter you will need to consider a lot of things when you plan to buy a mountain bike. Considering the amount of money you are going to spend on it, you can’t afford to make any mistakes. The 3 factors that you need to consider in this case are:
- Are you a beginner or an expert: This matters a lot when selecting the perfect mountain bike? Because as beginner what you need is a more comfortable and safe bike, while an experienced person need something that has the power to do that extra trick with the bike. For example it is always good for a beginner with zero experience to get a bike with dual suspension, while someone with experience and need extra pinch of power and adventure can go with a hardtail.
- What is the kind of trial you are going: Are you planning to go on a complete off-roading train, a cross-country or a trial that includes a lot of hills? Ask yourself all this before making the final decision.
- The budget: We all know this matter; you should have a rough estimate on how much you are going to spend. But be wise and don’t fall for marketing and buy an expensive one. To be frank a lot of good mountain bikes are available under 1000$ price tag itself. You can read our list 12 best mountain bikes under 1000$ to get an idea on which one to buy. Always makes sure you will have money left on your budget to buy riding gears too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Should I choose hardtail bike or a dual-suspension bike – The answer is completely based on your expertise and needs. Dual suspension comes with suspensions at both front and rear, while hardtail only gets a front suspension fork. This means dual-suspension is comfortable to drive but lag behind hardtail bikes when it comes to power.
- How much budget should I keep for a mountain bike – The cost will be completely base on features the bike has. To be frank a bike costing around 400$ will have most of the basic features required for normal trials and beginners. Within 1000$ you can find a good bike with features and matching almost all kind of terrains.
- Which is the best entry level mountain bike for a beginner – Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike is a good option with a lower price tag.
Final Verdict –
I hope you have clear mind on which mountain bike to take on trials next weekend. You do have plenty of options with flashy price tags promising you magic experiences. But you have some of the ‘best mountain bikes under 1000$’ price tag itself. So ask yourself about what you actually need and use our guide to get home the perfect piece of hardware for your trials.