"I hope you love the products we recommend! When you buy through links on futuresport.co, We may earn an affiliate commission."
The improvements in science and technology have changed a lot of aspects in the real world around us today which also include things which we rarely notice. One such thing is the rise in number of people indulging themselves into adventure sports like mountain biking. Unlike the olden days when people where terrified by the risks involved, today more and more people are confidently entering into this activity. Many see that as a best way to spend a weekend, while others take it much more seriously. And for all these change the improvements in technology and the new innovations came into the manufacturing of riding gears have a significant role to play.
See Also :
- 12 Best Mountain Bikes Under 1000$ in 2021!
- The 10 Best Road Bikes Under $500 (Review) in 2021!
- 9 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500$ in 2021 –
Mountain bikes have evolved a lot over the years. The bikes available today are more comfortable, safer and easy to ride than it was two decades back. The manufacturers are still spending a lot of money in research to improve the bikes and make it perfect for even the least experienced. The increased features in means of safety and ease of riding did encourage many people to give riding the bikes at least a try. But the improvements do cost a bit more and most people encounter the problem of budget when they think about owning a mountain bike. You must also read our review of best hybrid bikes under 500 in 2021.
Understanding the main concern of budget which arises in people who want to own a mountain bike we have come with a complete buying guide and list of best mountain bikes under 1500 dollars. With the fancy pricing of premium bikes from many manufactures it is possible that most people to have a concept that it is impossible to get a best mountain bikes under 1500 dollar budget. But there is enough option even way below the 1500 mark which can serve both beginners and experienced bikers in a great way. So if you are worried about the budget for a mountain bike lately, give our collection of handpicked 12 best mountain bikes under 1500\$ in 2021.
Our 2021 Top Picks: Best Mountain Bikes under 1500$
1. BEIOU Carbon Fiber 27.5 Mountain Bike
The winner product that made straight in to the top of our list today is indeed one of the ‘best hardtail mountain bikes under 1500 dollar’ price tag. This hardtail bike is something that promises extra performances than most of the other bikes just with the carbon fiber material it is made of. Adding into its ultra-lightweight advantage are various other features that improve the overall riding experience for all kind of riders.
- Majority of the bikes body is constructed using good quality carbon fiber. This makes the bike’s body more durable and at the same time brings down the overall weight of the bike.
- This bike is a 29er bicycle which is also fitted with the SHIMANO M6000 DEORE System
- Both the front and rear wheels of the bikes get disc brakes which are hidden to give the bike a distinctive look.
- The front of the bike gets an air fork suspension making ride comfortable even in the hardest of trek.
2. Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
We have next in our list a badass looking hardtail bike that comes in a ‘budget price tag‘. This is so far the best option someone with a tight budget can go without second thought. The looks and the features of the bike is way above what it is priced at. With a fat tire and a sleek design, Dolomite is an eye-catching mountain bike which justifies its good look when it comes to performance too. If these fat tires got your attention and are you planning to buy one with fat tires? Do check out this post about best fat tire electric bikes in 2021.
- This good looking mountain bike gets the most fat tires among all the bikes in our list of 12 Best Mountain Bikes Under 1500$ in 2021. The tire size of the bike doesn’t just add to its look but also help the riders ride comfortable on all kind of terrains.
- High tensile steel is used in the construction of the bike frame, unlike other bikes in the range that gets an aluminium frame.
- The bike gets a 7-speed setup along with Shimano rear derailleur and twist shifters making gear changing effortless.
- The seat in the bike is highly adjustable, so even considerably tall rides can adjust the bike to suit their height.
- Although the tires are fat, the lightweight alloy rims help in restricting the weight of the bike.
- Mechanical disc brakes are added to both the rear and front of the bike.
3. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
Coming up next is a bike suiting riders who give importance to comfort rather than the power. The Schwinn Protocol 1.0 dual-suspension mountain bike is one of the best full suspension mountain bikes under 1500 dollars. The presence of shock absorbers both at the front and rear gives extra comfort for riders and can be a good choice for beginners as it is an entry-level affordable bike. Schwinn also added many good features to the bike making it a good buy.
- The frame and the suspension of the bike are made out of highly durable aluminium. This makes the bike lightweight and strong.
- The Shimano EF-50 trigger shifters are a noticeable addition to the bike and it makes shifting between gears easy and precise.
- The bike gets a rust-resistant body which make its weather proof so the riders can take it out on water terrains without worrying about the parts catching rust.
- The front wheel of the Protocol 1.0 get disc brake setup, but the ear gets a normal linear brake
4. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike
While some riders like the trail day go smooth with all the comfort, others prefer to hit it really hard with some extra power to make the bike jump all the hills. The Overdrive 27.5 is what the second type of bikers loves to take to the trials every day. This bike is a typical hardtail bike which has what it takes to make the ride day extra adventurous. With the ability to kick the ass of any kind of terrain the bike with no doubt has a good position when it comes to the best mountain bikes for under 1500$.
- The overall weight of this bike is greatly reduced by the use of good quality aluminium by the manufacturer. This also give the bike its quick gene and ability to get over the hills easily
- Although it has a single suspense, the bike gets a good 120mm suspension fork at the front giving the rider enough comfort.
- An 8-speed setup is provided for the bike and for smoother gear changes SRAM X4 shifter is added
- Dual walled rims give the wheels extra strength which is enhanced by the presence of stainless steel spokes.
- Both the front and rear of the bike is fitted with mechanical disk brakes with good bite making it possible to stop the bike quicker.
5. Schwinn Bonafide Mountain Bike
The Bonafide is another good bike from the big name in the industry Schwinn. This hardtail bike gets everything a biker who love hard-tails expect. Greater power, quick, strong there are lot of things which makes the bike one of the best mountain bikes under $1500 available today. The midrange price also makes it suitable for a lower budget buyer but gives enough features expected at that price range.
- The body made of aluminium is highly durable and strong but has helped the manufacturer to make the bike quicker by lowering the weight.
- A good suspension setup which can reduce the strain on rider when the bike hits bumps is provided at the front.
- The Shimano EZ-fire triggers shifter and Shimano derailleur gives the gearing system the boost it needed.
- Mechanical disc brakes are added to both the wheels.
6. Schwinn Traxion Full Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
Next in the list is a good looking mountain bike with a neon paint-job can be modern and stylish in its look. Although a full suspension bike a good riding experience can be expected by bikers who love hardtails. This is designed perfectly to match the needs of both beginners and expert riders.
- High quality aluminium is used to make the frame and suspensions of the Traxion.
- A 24-speed gear system along with Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters along with the front and rear Shimano derailleurs.
- Dual mechanical disc brake is added with the bike.
- Knobby tires and lightweight double wall rims brings down the weight of the bike and make it stronger too.
7. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive
The Diamondback Overdrive is a bike which is pocket friendly and suiting people who loves off-roading and cross-country track. Although this bike is a good addition to our 12 best mountain bike under $1500 this is not a bike suiting riders looking out for hard-core terrains. This is a comfortable and smooth ride for prolonged tracks and a good choice to go on some harsh terrains too.
- The forks of the bike are highly adjustable.
- The bikes get good quality disc brake for both of its wheels.
- The ground clearance is good and can tackle through most of the low lying obstacles
- The bike gets durable aluminium frame
8. Diamondback Bicycles Hook 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike
This bike is a comfortable hardtail available in this price range. This means that the full suspension lovers too can give it a try if you are looking for a hardtail experience without losing the perks of dual suspension comfort. So if you are looking for a neutral bike the Hook is the best mountain bike for fewer than 1500 dollars available now.
- Strong and lightweight frame made out of aluminium.
- Extra comfort is provided by the 120 mm suspension fork given at the front of the bike
- The gear system is made more reliable with the SRAM X4 shifters.
- Both front and rear are fitted with mechanical disc brakes
9. Kingttu EURG6 Mountain Bike
The thing everyone hates once they go biking is the difficulties they do to get the bikes to the trial location. This is the reason why Kingttu EURG6 is one of the best mountain bikes under 1500$ price tag, it is easy to carry this bike everywhere. The manufacturer made the bike in such a way that it can folded and easily carry on your car’s trunk
- Foldable design makes it easy to carry this bike around.
- The bike is a full suspension bike with dual suspension setup.
- A 21-speed setup with easy shifters and rear derailleurs makes shifting a piece of cake.
- Both wheels of the bike get a disc brake setup.
10. Raleigh Bicycles Tokul 2 Hardtail Mountain Bike
The Tokul 2 is indeed one of the best hardtail mountain bikes under 1500 dollars available today. Compared with few of the other hardtails, tokul is a bit high in cost but you surely get what you pay for with this motorcycle. The higher price tag does gives the bike some quality and you can surely get a different and better riding experience you can get in this range with this bike.
- The bike frame is made by use of strong and lightweight aluminium.
- The disc brakes used in the bike are hydraulic and works better than normal ones.
- The wheels added to the bike are wide and can help the riders get through harsh terrains.
- 120mm front suspension forks ensures less stress on riders on harsh terrains.
11. BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike MTB 650B
Carbon fiber is the final say when it comes to restricting the weight of mountain bikes. Made of Carbon fiber this bike is fancy and good choice and can steer you quicker through the tracks. Being one of the cheap and best mountain bike under 1500 dollars made of carbon this can be a good budget option to buy if you are specially looking for carbon fiber bike.
- Carbon fiber is used to make the frame, handle bar and seat posts of this bike making it ultra-lightweight
- Both the rear and front gets hidden disc brakes making it easier to stop and giving an upper hand in looks too
- SHIMANO M6000 DEORE System added to the bike gives an overall enhanced riding experience.
12. BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike M6000
The use of carbon fiber did shoot up the price a bit more for this bike but the perks are worth paying. The carbon fibre body made the bike quicker as it bought down the overall weight of the bike. This also gave the bike good looks making it look more premium.
- The handlebar, seat post and the whole frame is made out of carbon fiber which considerably reduced the weight
- The hidden disc brakes on both the wheels make the bike safer and better looking.
- The front suspension forks works really well in absorbing the shocks.
- SHIMANO M6000 DEORE System improves the ride quality.
Tips To Consider Before Buying The Best Mountain Bikes Under 1500$ – A Buying Guide
The mountain bike market is a long one with a big difference in price on bikes based on its feature. This has also made people from either backing off from buying or spending a lot in the bikes. But in reality most buyers are doing a wrong thing fooled by marketing techniques. The real key is what your requirements are, if you need basic features you can own a bike for within 400$ itself. If you’re looking for better features there are enough best mountain bikes under $1500. Here is a guide on how to buy the bike that suits you perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Which is the best mountain bike under 1500$ with good features?– BEIOU Carbon Fiber 27.5 Mountain Bike.
- Which is the best entry-level bike to buy on a lower budget?– Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike.
Final Verdict –
Hope you are clear with which bike you are taking to trials soon. There are plenty of options and if you are still confused we have a good buying guide added. As a final help if you are tight on budget but still need a good bike Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike can be the best choice. But if you have a good budget and want something under 1500$, BEIOU Carbon Fiber 27.5 Mountain Bike is our selection for you. Happy biking to everyone.