Running on a treadmill is one of the easiest ways to get a healthy heart and a toned body. It is a misconception that treadmills are super expensive and take up a lot of room. While there are quite a few treadmills out there that will require you to pay thousands of pounds, there are also some great budget-friendly treadmills that don’t burn a hole in your pocket and also don’t take up too much space.
If you have a tight living condition but still want to ensure that your body is in great shape, then a foldable treadmill is the ideal choice for you. For a foldable option, check foldable exercise bikes. The market has been saturated by treadmills that offer so many different features, but how can you find one that is best suited for your needs? To help you out with this dilemma, we have come up with 8 of the best treadmills in the UK.
- Best Recumbent Stationary Exercise Bike
- Best Cross Trainers In UK 2020
- Best Hybrid Bikes For Men and Women
In this article you will find a detailed review about each of the 8 treadmills that will help you narrow down your options and choose the perfect treadmill for indoor use, mainly in homes or even in your office. If you plan to move it around a lot, then we suggest that you go for a lighter model with transportation wheels. In these times of quarantining and social distancing, going out for a run in your public park is not really a possibility. If you are looking for a exercise equipment that takes less space in your home, consider a mini exercise bike for you.
This is when having such an effective and reliable home workout machine can really pay off. Not only will you be able to work out in the comfort of your home, but you can also make sure that you don’t get that quarantine belly. Staying in shape and regular exercise can really uplift one’s mood, so make sure that you pay attention to your physical as well as mental health.
Why should you consider buying a treadmill? What are the benefits of a treadmill?
There are many benefits of buying a treadmill. Having a machine that helps you work out at home helps you not make any excuses about the weather and when you’re feeling lazy to go to the gym or step out of your home, you can simply use the treadmill while even watching television and burn some calories. We have compiled a list of benefits of buying and using a treadmill –
- If working out in public is not for you, then a treadmill is the perfect option. No more sweaty gyms, no more strangers around you. You can get an awesome workout within the comfort of your home!
- It is a great way to warm up, you can start with some light jogging and advance to running, and get your heart pumping.
- You can use a treadmill to burn off calories with ease. You can walk or run on a treadmill whale watching television, listening to music or even working on the laptop (if the treadmill you are going for has a stand for keeping a laptop). The possibilities are endless!
- You can change the speed of the treadmill and also play around with the incline to increase or decrease the level of difficulty of the workout.
- Some treadmills have coaching options. They may have preset workout sessions that you can follow if you are the kind of person that needs someone to push them to do their best, then a treadmill that has preset workout programs really help. They help you set goals and push your limits.
- You can use a treadmill no matter what the weather is like outdoors.
- It is a great machine to burn calories and tone your muscles.
- A treadmill offers gentle workouts for those who have suffered from an injury and require rehabilitation.
- If the treadmill is light and has wheels for transportation, you can easily move it from one room to another. If you don’t have enough space in your home, you can even fold it up when it is not in use.
The Best Treadmills Reviews
1. Branx Fitness Foldable ‘Elite Runner Pro’ Soft Drop System Treadmill
If you are looking for an effective and hardcore cardio workout in the comfort of your home, then the Elite Runner Pro is the perfect treadmill for you. While it may be on the pricier side, it sure does deliver the best results. First things first, it is a foldable treadmill that you can easily fold up when it is not in use, saving you a lot of space. It is one of the best higher-end treadmills you can get for home use to improve your health and get your heart pumping. With a smart and intuitive design, mastering the controls of this treadmill is extremely easy and you can achieve your body goal if you use this treadmill everyday religiously. It challenges and pushes you to do your best.
- It has a maximum speed of 21 km per hour.
- It has a 6.5 HP motor that is incredibly powerful.
- It has 22 different levels of automatic inclination to achieve the toned leg muscles you have always wanted.
- It has a soft drop and clever easy-move system.
- It has a German hydraulic strut.
- It has a 6-inch LCD display showing you all your vitals.
2. Sportstech F37 Professional Treadmill
Slightly cheaper than the previous treadmill we reviewed, this treadmill still matches up to the strengths of the Branx foldable treadmill. With a 7 HP motor that gives you a maximum speed of 20 km per hour, after running on this treadmill you will feel your heart pumping hard, giving you just the workout you need in the comfort of your home. You can use it for walking, jogging, and running, depending on your requirement. Most people like to warm up by starting slow and then working their way up to higher speeds for running. The possibilities are endless with the Sportstech F37!
- It has a top speed of 20 km per hour.
- It has a powerful and reliable motor of 7 HP.
- It has a maximum gradient of 15 degrees to give you an effective and challenging workout.
- It has an 8-zone cushioning system to protect your feet.
- It has videos and coaching mode that you can access on the 7.5-inch multimedia console.
- It has a USB port, Bluetooth feature, and mp3 player.
3. CITYSPORTS Folding Motorised Treadmill
If you have a lack of space in your apartment but you still want to get a treadmill that can push you to reach your body goals, then this is the ideal treadmill for you, since it is slim and lightweight. We love that when this treadmill is not in use, it can easily fit under your furniture and not come in the way of anything. With a 400-watt motor, it definitely can’t be compared to high-end treadmills, but for the amount you pay, you surely do get your money’s worth.
- It has a powerful 400-watt motor.
- It offers a maximum speed of 6km per hour.
- It has an LED screen that displays speed, time, calories burnt, and distance.
- It is lightweight as it just weighs 26.2kgs.
- It is the ideal solution to having a convenient cardio workout in the comfort of your home.
4. Nero PRO Electric Motorised Folding Running Machine Treadmill
Another kickass option for those looking for a treadmill on a shoestring budget, the Nero Pro combines all the features that we crave for in one awesome and reliable model. If you are looking for having a great cardiovascular workout in the comfort of your home, then use this treadmill. The best part? You don’t have to spend a bomb and you get a product that is of great value. Choose between speeds of 0 to 10 km per hour and crank up the heat as you go for the body you have always dreamed of. It has a strong and durable body that can undergo a lot of use and this treadmill also folds up when not in use.
- It offers a top speed of 10 km per hour.
- It has Bluetooth connectivity and can also connect to your iPhone, iPad, and Android phone.
- It has 3 adjustable levels of inclination to challenge you.
- It has 12 preset programs.
- It has an LED display that shows the time, speed, distance, and calories burnt.
5. Bluefin Fitness KICK Innovative High-Speed Folding Treadmill
With a 2200-watt DC motor running the show, this powerful treadmill makes sure that you get your heart going while also being gentle on your joints. It has a shock-absorbing surface, thanks to its 5 layered anti-static track that has a smooth and silent operation as well. The motor delivers 3 to 7 HP power that helps you get closer to your body goals. With a high top speed, you can start off slow, warming your body up by walking and jogging and crank up the heat by sprinting right in the comfort of your home.
- It has a 2200-watt motor that delivers 3-7 HP of power.
- You can integrate it with your smartphone for easy operation.
- It has a maximum speed of 20 km per hour.
- It has integrated sensors in the handles to measure your heart rate.
- It has a 15-degree gradient hill climb to make your workout more challenging.
- It has an extra-wide 5-layer anti-static track that is grippy and moisture resistant.
- The digital screen shows all the parameters to keep track of your progress.
6. Fit4home F4H JK02 Olympic Motorised Treadmill
Another great treadmill you must consider buying if the budget is tight but you don’t want to compromise on your health. With a large belt of 1000x325mm, you will find it hard to find a treadmill with that belt size on the same budget. It has features that help you monitor your progress like speed, distance, and calories burnt. The digital screen also allows you to set goals that you can work towards. Apart from this, it also has features that keep the utility aspect of the treadmill in mind as well, like the bottle/cup holder.
- It has a top speed of 9.9 km per hour.
- It has a digital computer that allows you to view your vitals and also set goals.
- It has 3 preset fitness programs.
- The handlebars are grippy and support you while running.
- It has a wide tread belt as well.
7. Sportstech F10 treadmill
Sportstech is known for creating some of the best treadmills that suit all types of people with different budgets. The F10 was created by combining some of the features of the essential treadmill into a budget-friendly package for those who don’t feel like spending a bomb on a home workout apparatus but don’t want to compromise on their health. With a low-noise operation, you can use this treadmill at work or at home, without the worry of disturbing people around you. It has a 120kg weight capacity, so anyone can use this treadmill and reach the target weight that they have always wanted to,
- It has a 1HP DC motor.
- It has a console that can be tethered to apps with a wireless connection.
- It has a maximum speed of 10 km per hour.
- It has a maximum inclination degree of 18 degrees.
- It has 12 preset training programs.
- It has a chest belt to measure your heart rate.
- It hs a multi-layer running surface for shock absorption and to be easy on one’s joints.
8. Nero Sports Folding Treadmill
Often viewed as one of the best entry-level treadmills you can invest in, this is a convenient way one can get an awesome cardio workout in the comfort of their home or office. At just 24kgs, this is a lightweight system that gets you moving without causing too must strain on your feet. No matter what your goal is – to lose weight or to generally rehabilitate your body after some injury, this treadmill can be used for different purposes. And when you are done using it, you can fold it up and put it away, so it does not take up a lot of space either.
- It has a top speed of 10 km per hour.
- It offers a 3-5% elevation to challenge your workout regime.
- It has 3 preset workout programs.
- It has a durable steel frame and is sturdy.
- It comes with 5 free e-Books to improve your lifestyle.
Factors to consider while buying a Treadmill – Buyer’s Guide!
This is one feature that you must not compromise on. Go for a running surface that has at least 5 layers and a great ability to absorb shock. A high-quality surface should also have a great grip so that you stay safe and don’t slip off. The width of the running surface can vary depending on your size and also on how much area you can spare to use up in your home. The better the quality of the running surface is, the more expensive it will be as a rule of thumb.
The motor is the treadmill is that keeps it going. We suggest that you invest in a treadmill that has a power of at least 2 HP to 7 HP. The higher the power is, the more speed it can ultimately give you.
Making sure that the frame of the treadmill and the handles are made out of high-grade materials is very important. You don’t want the frame to be shaky and unstable when you are running on the treadmill. Not only does this mean that the treadmill is of inferior quality, but it also is quite unsafe. We suggest that you go for a treadmill that has a durable tubular steel frame that is sturdy and reliable.
There are different speeds of the treadmill you can go for. If you are looking for a low-impact workout, then a maximum speed of 10 kmph will work just fine. But if you are looking for a more intensive workout and fitness is something that you are very serious about, then we suggest that you go for a treadmill that offers a maximum of 20-22 kmph.
The good thing about these treadmills is that you can crank up the speed as paper your requirement. Most treadmills also offer different options for inclines, to make the workout a bit more challenging. See what your requirement is and how much you want to challenge yourself, and based on that go for an inclination option that you are comfortable with.
This is a bonus feature that may interest you if you are the kind of person that needs an external push. Preset workouts can really challenge you and help you each your body goals sooner than you may have expected.
This is a bonus feature that allows you to integrate your smartphone and your tablet with the treadmill so that you can sue apps while using the treadmill. Most treadmills also come with a screen that displays your pulse, speed, distance, time, and calories burnt. This screen is very important as it helps you keep track of your progress and lets you know how much more you must work out to reach your goals.
Cheaper treadmills may have a lower weight capacity, so make sure that the treadmill you are investing in has a decent weight capacity and can also accommodate other people in your family (if you are planning to share it with others).
This is an important feature to consider if you don’t want to use up too much room in your home. All of the treadmills mentioned in this article fold up easily and also have transportation wheels that allow you to wheel around and move the treadmill to different locations.
There are certain features that add extra value to a treadmill, especially a budget-friendly treadmill. Look out for Bluetooth connectivity, a laptop or tablet stand, a water bottle holder, built-in speakers, towel holders, pulse sensors, and so on. These all add that extra zing to a treadmill.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Treadmills makers have realized that foldability is a key feature their buyers look for when they are buying a treadmill in the UK. Most treadmills can be folded up with an easy system to save space at home.
There are all price ranges of treadmills available. In this article we have featured some excellent budget-friendly treadmills available in the UK for sale. So no, all treadmills are not expensive. There are great budget-friendly options out there.
A treadmill can be used by many different kinds of people – by fitness freaks, by people with a sedentary lifestyle or by people who need light exercise for rehabilitation purposes.
Final Verdict –
The key to choosing the perfect treadmill for yourself is to define what is the purpose of the treadmill for you and what your budget is. Once you have answered these two questions, you can pick a treadmill that gives you an awesome workout without creating a dent in your bank account! But If you ask us, we would surely recommend you – Branx Fitness Foldable ‘Elite Runner Pro’ Treadmill because of its crazy unbeatable features!
I’m Brian who is the brain behind Future sport.
I have been a big enthusiast of outdoor sports and riding activities like biking, scooting, skateboarding, go-karting and many more and have been doing this for almost 10 years. I have owned a number of bikes and other sports gears over the years matching different trials I hit regularly.
When I started to get a lot of questions from friends and family about riding vehicles and gears, I decided I can help a big group through a blog something like Future sports. And as I discussed the idea with my friends who had similar interest few of them weighed in and that is how Future Sports became a reality.