Electric scooters are becoming increasingly popular in the recent few years because not only are they fun to ride but they are also quite environmentally friendly in the long run. These days, more and more electric scooters are coming up in the market, which can be confusing if you are new to the scene and want to buy one for yourself. Off roading is a popular concept which has come up recently. It basically means riding electric scooters of rough and uneven terrain, anything which is “off the road”. This is a popular genre for scooter riders who crave a good adventure and want to ride in spaces other than the streets.
- 11 Best Gas Powered Mini Bikes For Kids of Any Age !
- Segway Ninebot ES2 and ES4 Electric Scooters Reviewed!
- The 10 Best 3 Wheel Electric Scooters For Adults In 2020
There are certain scooter brands and models which are crowd favourites and continue to dominate the world of electric scooters, but it is important that you do your research before buying one because let’s face it, buying an electric scooter is also quite an investment, and we want to make sure that you make an informed decision.
This article will give you all the information you need to get before you go ahead and buy an off road electric scooter. Read on, and hopefully by the end of it, you would have narrowed down your choice, if not made a concrete one.
The top three off – roading electric scooters of 2020 –
The 8 Best Off-Road Electric Scooters for Kids and Adults alike –
1. Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter (for kids under 17)
If you are looking for an electric scooter that is ideal for kids or teenagers, then the Razor E100 Glow electric scooter is the one you’ve been looking for. The special feature which sets this scooter aside from the others in the market is the kick-start motor and the rechargeable batteries.
This is a ‘zero-emissions electric scooter’, which means that if you care about the planet and want to reduce your carbon footprint, then this is the scooter for you. The deck of this scooter is wide enough for kids to comfortably mount it and it can easily take on about 120 pounds of weight. This is the electric scooter of every teen and kid’s dreams.
- Extremely responsive kick-start motor
- It has a wide deck
- The motor of this scooter is chain driven
- It needs about 12 hours to completely recharge
- An air tire at the front made out of polyurethane
2. Razor RX200 electric scooter (best budget off-road scooter)
This is an electric scooter designed while keeping teenagers in mind. If your child is over 13 years of age, then you must definitely consider getting this scooter for him/her. This scooter has an incredibly sturdy built which means that it can be the best choice for rough and tough use. One thing which could definitely be better about this scooter is the battery life. This is a great electric scooter for off-roading purposes as well, and the strong and sturdy frame makes it the best choice as well.
If you are looking for other vehicles for off-roading purposes, we have also reviewed best off road hoverboard in our blog.
- It has a twist grip throttle
- It has two 12 volt lead-acid sealed rechargeable batteries
- Alloy and rubber wheels
- Can carry 154 pounds
- Provides extra torque
- Great grip on the handlebars
3. Dualtron Ultra high speed electric scooter (high range electric scooter)
One of the most recommended models from Dualtron, Dualtron Ultra is an electric scooter that is made for teens and young adults alike. With its ‘2700 watt electric motor’, this scooter is a powerful beast. Along with its great power, it also has a very effective and responsive braking system.
These brakes are also fully hydraulic, and if you have bever used hydraulic brakes before in your life, then you sure are up for an awesome treat. This scooter is great for a challenging terrain where you are required to conquer some hilly upslope areas.
- Super speed for adrenaline junkies
- It has two motors
- 11inch wide tires
- It can carry about 330 pounds, making it great scooter for adults as well
4. UberScoot 1600w 48v Electric Scooter
One of the most affordable electric scooters you can invest in, this electric scooter comes with a powerful 1600-watt motor that allows you to off-road and travel on the path less taken. With this scooter, you can explore your wild side and wander off into nature. The tires of this scooter are perfect for traveling on unpaved paths, thanks to the anti-slip and grippy properties of this scooter. What we love even more about this product is that it is a foldable electric scooter made to last for a long time to come.
- It has a powerful and impressive 1600-watt brushless motor
- It comes with 4 12-volt batteries for a power-packed performance
- It has 11-inch pneumatic knobby tires made for offroading and challenging riding surfaces
- It has a front and rear disc braking system
- It has a top speed of 30 miles per hour
- It has a range of 12 miles (this range may vary depending on the weight of the rider
- It comes with a detachable seat feature so that the rider can ride in utmost comfort
5. QIEWA Q1Hummer 800Watts 37MPH Electric Scooter
One of the most powerful electric scooters on this list, the QIEWA Q1 Hummer electric scooter has an 800-watt motor but delivers way more than it promises. This product checks all the boxes – from an incredible speed, range, and weight carrying capacity, you get it all in this stylish and powerful electric scooter. Once you ride this electric scooter, you will almost be spoilt for choice, as many scooters find it very difficult to compete with this one.
- This foldable electric scooter features an awesome 800-watt motor
- It offers a top speed of 37 miles per hour
- This scooter has an incredible range of 65 miles
- This electric scooter comes with 3 preset drive speeds for easy changing
- It has a dual disc braking system
- It has 10-inch anti-slip pneumatic tires
- It has a headlight as well as a tail light
6. Super Turbo 1000 watt electric scooter –
The Super Turbo series was a major hit amongst the electric scooter community. We absolutely fell in love with the Super Turbo 1000 watt electric scooter because of the wide array of amazing features it has to offer. The scooter is heavy duty and designed for rough and tough use. The ‘1000 watt motor’ has a bigger and better chain for seamless functioning.
This scooter can take about 250 pounds of weight so it is great for kids and teens. Once the electric scooter is completely charged, you can use it for about 18 miles at a stretch, which makes it the most eco-friendly way to get from one place to another. This number can vary depending on the weight of the rider, and the terrain the scooter is being used on.
- Super powerful motor with a great quality chain
- The scooter can run for 18 miles when it is completely charged
- It has a comfortable and cushy seat
- It is TS approved
- It can be folded and carried when not in use
- Both the wheels have very effective disc braking
7. OUTSTORM 56MPH Ultra High-Speed Electric Scooter for Adults
While this article has featured many different electric scooters that are the best for off roading, this one takes the cake hands down. The dual-motor system provides a combined power of 3200 watts, making it one of the most powerful ones we have reviewed to date. With 3 different speed modes, 2 power modes and dual motor control, this is the perfect electric scooter if you enjoy speed and also wandering off and have an adventurous evening by yourself.
- It has a dual-motor system with a combined motor power of 3200 watts
- This foldable electric scooter can reach speeds of 56 miles per hour
- It offers an incredible range of 67 miles
- It comes with 11-inch offroading tires
- It has a great shock absorbing system for a smooth-riding experience
- It can easily deal with an inclination of 30 degrees
- It has a front LED light
8. NanRobot D4+ Pro High-Speed Electric Scooter (high range electric scooter)
This is one of the best off-roading electric scooters you can invest in where you will get your full money’s worth. It’s aluminum frame is very strong and sturdy, and the handlebars have great grip which makes riding this scooter a safer experience as well. It takes very little time to fully charge.
When you compare the charging time with the other scooters in the market, you will understand why this electric scooter is so sought after by electric scooter enthusiasts. It is also worth every single penny spent on it, so you know that you are investing in a quality product.
- This electric scooter is foldable and portable
- Independent traction in the front and rear wheel
- It has two 1000 watt motors for added power
- It takes only 3 hours to charge completely
Things to consider before buying an off road electric scooter – The Ultimate buyer’s guide !
Before you go ahead and invest in an electric scooter, it is a great idea to do your research. This article aims at helping out future electric scooter owners figure out the intricate process of picking the right scooter that best suits their needs. Here are certain aspects you must keep in mind before you make your purchase –
The body of the scooter should be made of a strong material like an aluminum alloy or something similar. Offroading scooters need to be strong and sturdy, so a tough material for the body is a must in case of any unforeseen mishaps.
An average electric scooter can give you a range of 10-15 miles, and this distance is after the scooter has been charged fully. Based on how you wish to use your scooter, choose one which fulfills your need for short or long-distance traveling.
Most electric scooters have rechargeable lithium batteries and motors which start from 200 watts onwards. The higher the wattage, the more powerful the scooter is. If you want to get a super powerful and intense electric scooter, going for one which is about 1000 watts or more is what makes the most sense.
The suspension is what makes the ride on a scooter smooth. If there was no suspension, then you will be able to feel each and every bump on the ground, which certainly is not a good feeling, especially when you are riding off-road.
Make sure that the scooter you are wanting to buy can be folded up and stored easily. This will ensure that minimum space is taken up by the scooter and also makes traveling with an electric scooter an easier task.
Make sure that your scooter has a front and rear light, great shock absorbers, anti-slip grip on the handlebars, a sturdy and anti-slip deck, and a great braking system. These features are what make an electric scooter so special.
I’m Brian who is the brain behind Future sport.
I have been a big enthusiast of outdoor sports and riding activities like biking, scooting, skateboarding, go-karting and many more and have been doing this for almost 10 years. I have owned a number of bikes and other sports gears over the years matching different trials I hit regularly.
When I started to get a lot of questions from friends and family about riding vehicles and gears, I decided I can help a big group through a blog something like Future sports. And as I discussed the idea with my friends who had similar interest few of them weighed in and that is how Future Sports became a reality.