The story of e-scooters started off slow. It came in as a toy for kids and adults to pass time in a fun way. But the advances in technology soon reflected in the e-scooter market. Things changed pretty quickly. Now, e-scooters are looked at as an alternative medium of transport. It’s eco-friendly, energy efficient, safe, portable and most importantly, it is a source of simple joy.
That brings us to today’s topic. We are here with the Top Ten Fastest Electric Scooters in 2019. We picked them keeping in mind the needs of our readers and have tried to cover most of the different scooters out there so that all our readers find their right one irrespective of the budget.
Let’s get started…
Top 10 Fastest Electric Scooters in 2019
1. NanRobot LS7
- The powerful battery keeps you going for a good 60 miles on a single 5-hour charge.
- It weighs around 84 lbs and can bear a load of up to 330 lbs.
- The [1800watt x 2] dual-drive motor
- LCD speedometer with power ON/OFF
- Powerful LED headlights and brake lights.
- USB charging functionality.
- A removable hub motor, making maintenance easy.
- Water-Proof (IP6). That means the scooter can handle heavy sprays of water.
- Easy and a Rigid folding mechanism.
- Integrating with dealers and agents worldwide has made purchasing the NanRobot possible outside of China.
2. Dualtron Thunder Electric Scooter
- All Dualtron scooters come with ABS brakes and adjustable suspension.
- Climbing Grade: 47% or 25 degrees depending on rider weight and state of charge
- Waterproof (IP54)
- A metallic case for the battery.
- LED lighting. Both front and rear.
- Brilliant DashBoard: LCD speedometer with cruise control and electric brakes.
CONCLUSION:The Dualtron Thunder is easily the best performing scooter in the market. But again, not a scooter for short distance commuters. If you could afford this price and can handle the weight, this scooter is the ultimate answer to your search.
3. Speedway 5
- You have a quick charger option available to get your refuelling done in under 4 hours.
- The LCD throttle houses all your settings and shows you everything you would want to know about your scooter.
- It comes in dual colours, black and white.
- Climbing Grade: 37% depending on rider weight and state of charge.
- The wheel is separate from the hub motor. This makes repairing your scooter very convenient.
CONCLUSION:This scooter is the perfect choice for anybody who is looking for a high-performance machine without having shell out as much as. Again a scooter meant for long-range applications. The battery on this is really impressive and so is the performance. All this makes the Speedway S5 one of the most value-for-money products on this list.
4. NanRobot D4+
- Front and rear dual disk brakes.
- Uses brushless motors making it less noisy and offering more torque.
- The Speedshift is three-staged making the scooter more controllable.
5. Quiewa Q1 Hummer
- Brake light comes with the bike ( Other lights need to be purchased ).
- It’s IP56 rated, making it rideable even when raining.
- USB mobile phone charging feature.
CONCLUSION:The Quiewa Q1 Hummer is the fastest budget bike on this list. It can be used for the short rides but we would recommend it to people who require daily usage. That’s when you would be really appreciating the quality and performance of this little beast. Also, Quiewa has dealers in the US making local services available and easy.
6. Speedway Mini 4 PRO
- DURABLE, RELIABLE, AND LIGHTWEIGHT.
- Climbing Grade: 27% depending on rider weight and state of charge.
- Dual suspension for bumpy roads.
- Front and rear LED lighting. There is plenty of space for additional lighting too.
CONCLUSION:Now, if you are somebody who is looking for a true performer that is lightweight, fast and beautiful, look no further. The Mini 4 Pro gives you all of this at a fairly decent amount. The waterproofing and hill climbing on this might not be very great but besides that we don’t see why anybody wouldn’t like this beauty.
7. Uberscoot 1600W
- The large 11-inch knobby lets you take on any terrain.
- BMX style handlebars
- One touch easy folding frame with advanced ‘Posi Lock’ folding/locking system.
- Front and rear lights to keeping your midnight rides well illuminated
CONCLUSION:The Uberscoot is a bang-on product for its price. It’s an allrounder that gives you everything at a decent price. We suggest this scooter to people who are looking for a rugged, fast and low-budget scooter for daily usage. The only downside that we see is its weight. 117 lbs make this scooter very hard to carry around ( uses a Lead acid battery that is pretty heavy ). If you can manage that, then this is a wonderful product.
8. EcoReco S5
- It takes 2.5 hours to 60% and 4.5 hours to full.
- Easily adjustable handlebars let you change the handle height whenever you feel like.
- All-purpose gadget mount for your phone, Go-Pro, camera and all accessories
- The scooter has an open section for using a chain, cable, or u-lock to securely lock the frame.
- An LCD display that is backlit, easy to read, and provides multiple readouts from graphical and numerical speed, battery level, trip distance, overall distance, and charge cycles.
CONCLUSION:The EcoReco S5 is a wonderful product to own. It offers the perfect balance among performance, weight, and features for your everyday usage. The only worry is the lack of space that some users might face due to its compactness. The suspension could’ve been better too. There are other bikes that perform better than the S5 at the same price but what makes us choose the S5 is the small yet handy features it comes with. It makes the whole experience smooth and effortless. Also, it fits in car trunks, gym lockers, and under chairs. This is an e-scooter made for the youth. Simply beautiful.
9. Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter
- When folded, you can walk with it like a roller bag suitcase.
- One of the most popular and highly rated scooters on Amazon.
- Clean, quiet, lithium-ion battery-powered hub motor.
- Additional features: charger, headlight, rear reflector and pedestrian bell included.
This product is our favourite budget scooter on this list. It is not the fastest but the features it offers are invaluable in making life easy. It is extremely portable and user-friendly. We recommend this scooter to anybody who wants to save time and make those short rides enjoyable.
10. XPRIT Folding Electric Kick Scooter
- Easy to store: folding size 38×15.7×15.7 inches.
- Full aluminium alloy frame durable and fast acceleration.
- Front headlights.
CONCLUSION:The XPRIT foldable is the perfect choice for users who are running on a tight budget or needs to purchase multiple pieces. This scooter is suitable for last-mile journeys or short rides within your locality. It makes moving around and getting things done very easy and super-fun.
Things To Consider When Choosing Fastest Electric Scooter
There is an array of things that you need to figure out before choosing the Fastest Electric scooter perfect for you.
Some of them are:
- Power Uphill: The power or the speed that the scooter operates at when climbing up a hill. The higher the better.
- Speed: The top and average speed of the scooter.
- Battery capacity: Higher battery capacity ensures a better range.
- Weight: Choose the scooter that suits your weight and the weight you can handle.
Purpose or Usage:
This refers to your intent for purchasing the scooter. Examples: Work, Fun/Adventure, Short RIdes, Long Rides and so on.
This refers to the money you are willing to spend on your scooter purchase.
Once you have these ready, match them with the review of each bike and eliminate the ones that don’t fit. This makes the whole process easier.
- Don’t go for a second-hand scooter. You never know why people sell stuff. Scooters parts usually have a functioning period beyond which they are not really useful.
- Don’t buy from an overseas website. Local presence of the dealer is very necessary when it comes to products like the scooter.
- Check for the warranty.