"I hope you love the products we recommend! When you buy through links on futuresport.co, We may earn an affiliate commission."
Glion has created a fun way to end boring commutes via the Glion Dolly Electric Scooter. A cool stand up electric scooter has the ability to increase mobility through urban environments. It is a simple design that is portable, energy-efficient, and reliable. Made with the latest high tech reliable and durable materials that make the scooter really lightweight! It can convert the simple walk to the supermarket or to the park into a fun experience. The thing that is most unique about the Glion dolly electric scooter is that it is foldable and can be pulled along for ease of commute in heavily urban areas. This feature also allows the scooter to be easily stored when not in use.
Read More Reviews :
- Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter Review
- Mercane Widewheel Electric Scooter Review
- Qiewa Q1 Hummer Electric Scooter Review
The Glion Dolly has key features that make it a wallet-friendly, energy-efficient experience. It weighs about 28 lbs or 12 kgs with the battery and reaches a top speed of 15 miles or 25km. It has a 36V Lithium Battery with a charge time of 2-3 hours and 250W Motor (Gearless). c It is also equipped with a headlamp and a tail light for extra safety at night. Add to that no chains and grease that makes this a hassle-free experience. This is the perfect bike for the last mile commute when someone uses public transportation. Simple and easy to use, convenient to carry and store, the Glion Dolly is the perfect tool for mobility for adults.
Check the latest price on Amazon!
Glion Dolly Scooter Features
- The first and the best feature of the Glion Electric Scooter is the fact that it is quickly foldable and can be rolled about like a wheelie suitcase. This scooter also featured in our best foldable scooters posts because of its foldability. The trolley handle can be pulled out and made to recreate the experience of pulling a suitcase. It can also be propped up for storage. This is the first great feature that sets this electric scooter apart from the others in the market. This unique feature allows for the scooter to be carried easily on public transportation without it taking up too much space. Convenient to carry and less burden and stress for travelers around as well. Since this is a patented feature, this will never be available for other scooters in the market in the future.
- The scooter also has a foot-activated mechanism of folding. It’s a quick and easy way of folding the scooter. The handlebar has to be unclipped and put the foot in the latch in the vertical frame. The deck of the scooter is slightly on the smaller side which makes the ride not as smooth as other scooters in the market. However, that is a niggling issue and can be worked around.
- Next, the design and the build quality of the scooter are absolutely top-notch. Made from high-quality aircraft aluminum that makes the product light and strong. This provides an assurance that the product will have a good life and is estimated to last 3-5 years minimum. It is powder-coated so that it is resistant to corrosion. The handlebars of the scooter are within the small frame of the scooter. This could be a pro or a con depending on the user. In order to keep the flexibility of the scooter along with the compact nature, the handlebars aren’t that wide. This has no impact on the ride feel as it is easily maneuverable and is fairly easy to move around objects and pedestrians. However, there is little room for keeping accessories. The controls are water-resistant and pretty easy to use. The mechanism of use is a twist grip. The left side is for acceleration and the right for braking. An easy to read indicator is mounted on the handlebar to keep a track of the battery life.
- We move to the wheels which are about 8 inches in diameter with a honeycomb style interior. The technology used for the tires was used for the military. The biggest upside of this tech is that the tires will never go flat. The tire is the main suspension point as well. As the scooter has no suspensions, these act to soften the ride and make it more comfortable.
- The scooter has a 36V Lithium-Ion battery that powers a 250W motor. The brushless hub motor is located on the rear wheel which gives remarkable power. The motor can peak at about 600W and has enough power to take this scooter up to 15 miles (top speed). While some may be disappointed by that, it is still a decent speed for a scooter that size. The acceleration is smooth and the experience noiseless as it is battery operated. This means no loud motor sounds and ensures that one does not become a public nuisance especially when moving through closed public spaces with many people around.
- The maximum range that the Glion Electric Scooter can do is about 15 miles. Because of its long range feature, we’ve listed this scooter in our fast electric scooters post. This is in relation to the bodyweight it has to move around. If your body weight is on the lower side the range will be in the 15-mile range. However, if you weigh more, the range shortens due to increased power required by the motor to move you around. So in real terms, the range would be somewhere between 7-10 miles which is still plenty. Since it is mobile and can be charged anywhere. Once you are in your place of work, the battery charges completely within 3.5 hours. The battery life is good and this means lesser problems with running out of battery or the battery dying an early death. The scooter is equipped with front headlights and rear taillights that make the commute safe at night.
- The best feature of the scooter is the fact that it is light on the wallet in the long run. It does not cost as much as the competition and just 1 dollar of charge can take you around for 500 miles. Since it is cost-effective, this scooter also featured as ‘best budget pick’ in our electric scooter for adults post. Not only is it economical, but it is also eco-friendly that makes the best scooter to go for. If the user does not want to use the electric motor, it is possible to use the scooter in the traditional way as well – foot-powered. The machine is simple, convenient, and easy to use. The learning curve is pretty short, so it is perfect for anyone who wants to ease their commute or just make things more fun!
What are The Pros and Cons ?
For Who is the Glion Dolly Scooter meant for?
The Glion is perfect for anyone above the age of 14. It is meant for anyone who wants to make short commutes in urban areas more interesting. The scooter is for students and office goers alike.
For those that have long commutes via public transportation, the compact nature of the Glion Dolly is perfect as it can be carried on a bus, subway, or car. There are sections where public transportation is weak and requires long walks or going around a fair distance to get to the desired point. This is the perfect time to get the Glion Dolly out. It is easy to use with no learning time and can be used by anyone (even those with no experience at all).
It can be used for pleasure as well. Students can use it to move around short spaces, running errands, or even to sightsee. This is especially useful in hot summer seasons when walking can be tiresome. Imagine just gliding down to where you want to go without the hassles of walking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Yes, it will, it is powder coated and makes it weatherproof. One needs to be wary of using it in icy conditions.
On average the battery takes about $200. However, with over 1000+ battery cycles, it will be sometime before one needs to be replaced
No, the cover for the Dolly is not included. It needs to be purchased separately.
Yes, you can use your foot to power the scooter till you can get to an electric charge point.
Final Verdict –
The answer is simple, the Glion Dolly electric scooter is a fantastic buy. It is in the mid-range so you don’t need to burn a hole in your pocket. It is light, compact, durable, and portable! It is easy to master is does not need any prior experience. It has a unique patented foldable system that is like no other in the market.
The ride is pure joy and the pros definitely outweigh the cons. It makes boring, mundane, and tiresome commute fun and enjoyable. It makes it effortless and painless and most importantly without harming the environment. This is definitely one of the best, if not the best electric scooter on the market now.